Posted to dev@kafka.apache.org by Levani Kokhreidze <le...@gmail.com> on 2019/08/01 06:55:45 UTC

Re: [VOTE] KIP-221: Enhance KStream with Connecting Topic Creation and Repartition Hint

Thank you all!

The vote has been open for ~8 days. KIP has three binding votes (Bill, Guozhang, Matthias) and one non-binding (Sophie) so the KIP vote passes!
I’ll mark KIP as accepted and start working on it as soon as possible!

Regards,
Levani

Posted by "Matthias J. Sax" <mj...@apache.org>.
While working on the follow up PR to deprecate `through()`, I realized
that we forgot to add `repartition()` to the Scala API.

I updated the KIP accordingly and my PR also include the update to the
Scala API (for adding `repartition()` and deprecating `through()`):
https://github.com/apache/kafka/pull/8679

Please let us know if there are any concerns.

-Matthias

Posted by "Matthias J. Sax" <mj...@apache.org>.
Thanks Levani!

Posted by Levani Kokhreidze <le...@gmail.com>.
Hi Matthias,

Posted by Guozhang Wang <wa...@gmail.com>.

--
-- Guozhang

Re: [VOTE] KIP-221: Enhance KStream with Connecting Topic Creation and Repartition Hint

Posted by "Matthias J. Sax" <mj...@apache.org>.

Posted by John Roesler <vv...@apache.org>.

Posted by Levani Kokhreidze <le...@gmail.com>.
Hello,

Small update regarding this KIP. As per John’s suggestion during the code review (https://github.com/apache/kafka/pull/7170#discussion_r392608571 <https://github.com/apache/kafka/pull/7170#discussion_r392608571>) we’ve decided to remove KeyValueMapper overloads for the new `repartition` operation for the first release of this feature.
Wiki page has been updated accordingly (https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/KAFKA/KIP-221%3A+Enhance+DSL+with+Connecting+Topic+Creation+and+Repartition+Hint <https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/KAFKA/KIP-221:+Enhance+DSL+with+Connecting+Topic+Creation+and+Repartition+Hint>)