Posted to dev@struts.apache.org by Martin Cooper <mf...@gmail.com> on 2005/05/18 19:30:07 UTC

Contrib packages in 1.2.7

We seem to have a slightly odd situation in 1.2.7 with respect to the
inclusion of contrib packages. In the binary distribution, we have
struts-el, while in the source distribution, we have struts-chain,
struts-el and struts-faces. My expectation would have been that
whatever we provide in the source distribution would also be provided
in the binary distribution.

I can't decide how serious I think this is. On the one hand, it's a
contrib issue, meaning that it shouldn't be that big of a deal. On the
other hand, I feel uneasy with the idea of having a GA release that
has known packaging issues.

What do other folks think?

--
Martin Cooper

PS - This is the only issue that we (at my day job) have found with
1.2.7 so far.

Re: Contrib packages in 1.2.7

Posted by Joe Germuska <Jo...@Germuska.com>.
At 8:06 PM +0100 5/18/05, Niall Pemberton wrote:
>The situation is consistent with previous releases.

Good enough; I have no objection with consistency.  Sorry for missing
the earlier thread.

Joe

--
Joe Germuska
Joe@Germuska.com

Re: Contrib packages in 1.2.7

Posted by James Mitchell <jm...@apache.org>.
I'm happy to help where I can.  Just let me know.

--
James Mitchell
Consulting / Mentoring / Freelance

Posted by Martin Cooper <mf...@gmail.com>.

Re: Contrib packages in 1.2.7

Re: Contrib packages in 1.2.7

Posted by Joe Germuska <Jo...@Germuska.com>.
At 10:30 AM -0700 5/18/05, Martin Cooper wrote:
>We seem to have a slightly odd situation in 1.2.7 with respect to the
>inclusion of contrib packages. In the binary distribution, we have
>struts-el, while in the source distribution, we have struts-chain,
>struts-el and struts-faces. My expectation would have been that
>whatever we provide in the source distribution would also be provided
>in the binary distribution.
>
>I can't decide how serious I think this is. On the one hand, it's a
>contrib issue, meaning that it shouldn't be that big of a deal. On the
>other hand, I feel uneasy with the idea of having a GA release that
>has known packaging issues.
>
>What do other folks think?

I think that if it's at all possible to quickly roll a 1.2.8 which
fixes it, we should do so, but treat people's time and experiences
using 1.2.7 as valid criteria for voting on the quality of 1.2.8.

If it is not possible to quickly roll a 1.2.8, I would not let this
issue stop me from voting 1.2.7 as GA if nothing else comes up.

Joe

>--
>Martin Cooper
>
>PS - This is the only issue that we (at my day job) have found with
>1.2.7 so far.

Joe Germuska
Joe@Germuska.com
http://blog.germuska.com