Posted to jetspeed-user@portals.apache.org by "Jayaraman, Jayakumar" <ja...@logicacmg.com> on 2005/08/22 14:41:23 UTC

Jetspeed2.0 >> WSAD - MySQL Datasource Configuration - How ?

Hi Guys,

I am seting up Jetspeed2.0 in WSAD with MySQL DB.
I have a problem in setting up the datasource for MySQL.
I tried out the the following combinations.

MySQL - JDBC implementation class
1) com.mysql.jdbc.Driver

IBM Datasource helper class
1) com.ibm.websphere.rsadapter.ConnectJDBCDataStoreHelper
2) com.mysql.jdbc.jdbc2.optional.MysqlConnectionPoolDataSource

Drivers
1) mysql-connector-java-3.1.10-bin.jar
2) mysql-connector-java-3.1.10-bin-g.jar (Gamma)
3) mm.mysql-2.0.14-bin.jar (Old driver)

I used IBM Datsource Version 5.0.

Could you guys please help me out ? Thanks in advance.

Cheers,

Jayakumar Jayaraman

IT Consultant
LogicaCMG Global Delivery Center
____________________________
LogicaCMG Pvt Ltd
Divyasree Technopolis,
124-125, Yemlur  P.O.
Off Airport Road,
Bangalore, Karnataka,India
Pin : 560 037.
T: +91 080 5194 0000    Ext. 20390
M: +91 (0) 98456 99329
E:  jayakumar.jayaraman@logicacmg.com
Web : www.logicacmg.com

Re: Jetspeed2.0 >> WSAD - MySQL Datasource Configuration - How ?

Posted by Randy Watler <wa...@wispertel.net>.
Jayakumar,

David and I successfully use MySQL 4.0 and 5.0 versions on Windows and Linux, respectively. I think there was an issue with a table name 'A' using 4.1, but that has been addressed in the latest versions of J2.

Unfortunately, I cannot help with WSAD and the helpers since we use neither. I suspect that configuration of those parts is probably the issue. Here is our configuration, (yes, I know the driver class name is old... the newer class name works as well).

org.apache.jetspeed.production.jdbc.drivers.path=/usr/share/tomcat5/shared/lib/mysql-connector-java-3.0.16.jar
org.apache.jetspeed.production.database.default.name=mysql
org.apache.jetspeed.production.database.url=jdbc:mysql://localhost/j2
org.apache.jetspeed.production.database.driver=org.gjt.mm.mysql.Driver
org.apache.jetspeed.production.database.user=xxx
org.apache.jetspeed.production.database.password=xxx

Randy