Posted to user@flink.apache.org by Geng Biao <bi...@gmail.com> on 2022/04/02 07:25:54 UTC

答复: Helm install flink-kubernetes-operator failed

Hi Spoon,

The command in current doc (helm install flink-kubernetes-operator helm/flink-kubernetes-operator) should be executed under the repo’s root dir (e.g. ~/flink-kubernetes-operator/).
The community are working on to make this process simpler(https://github.com/apache/flink-kubernetes-operator/pull/143). You should be able to helm install it directly later.

Best,
Biao Geng

发件人: spoon_lz <sp...@126.com>
日期: 星期六, 2022年4月2日 下午3:11
收件人: user <us...@flink.apache.org>
主题: Helm install flink-kubernetes-operator failed

Hi, I am trying it according to the official documentation of flink-kubernetes-operator, according to the description in 'Quick Start', when I execute the command:
helm install flink-kubernetes-operator helm/flink-kubernetes-operator
it returns an error:
Error: INSTALLATION FAILED: failed to download "helm/flink-kubernetes-operator
Executing 'helm repo list’ returned:
NAME       URL
bitnami      https://charts.bitnami.com/bitnami
stable        https://kubernetes.oss-cn-hangzhou.aliyuncs.com/charts
and the command 'helm repo update' has been executed.

But using the commands 'helm search repo flink' and 'helm search repo helm/flink-kubernetes-operator' both returned:
No results found

Is my repository configured incorrectly? Hope to get your help

Re: Helm install flink-kubernetes-operator failed

Posted by spoon_lz <sp...@126.com>.

Thanks for everyone's help, by executing:

helm repo add operator-rc3 https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/flink/flink-kubernetes-operator-0.1.0-rc3

Now it works correctly
On 04/2/2022 15:31,Gyula Fóra<gy...@gmail.com> wrote:
As Biao Geng said this will be much easier after the first preview release. Which should become available on monday if all works out :)

Until then you can also test our last release candidate which will hopefully become the release:

helm repo add operator-rc3 https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/flink/flink-kubernetes-operator-0.1.0-rc3
helm install flink-operator operator-rc3/flink-kubernetes-operator

These commands will stop working once the release is finalized and then you can move to that :)

Cheers,
Gyi;a

Posted by Gyula Fóra <gy...@gmail.com>.