Posted to dev@myfaces.apache.org by Dennis Byrne <de...@gmail.com> on 2007/11/10 01:06:01 UTC

distribution of Sun XSD and DTDs

I would like to use a custom EntityResolver in order to prevent apps from
going to the Internet each time faces-config.xml or a .tld file is parsed.
Doing that means distributing the jar with these four files [1].

I'm not seeking official legal advice, but is this as simple as shipping the
binary w/ a copy of the CDDL, and adding the following to the four files?

<!-- This software in this distribution under the CDDL license. -->

Several MyFaces committers (and apparently Shale and Geronimo) went the
other route - they rewrote some of these by hand.  I googled a bit and
couldn't see why the extra work.  Can anyone point me to the discussion?

Sorry for the cross post.

[1]
http://fisheye.jboss.org/browse/JSFUnit/trunk/jboss-jsfunit-core/src/main/resources

--
Dennis Byrne

Re: distribution of Sun XSD and DTDs

Posted by Dennis Byrne <de...@apache.org>.
Thanks for the reply Ryan.

I ended up pulling the Apache versions of the documents from the MyFaces and
Tomcat svn repo.

Dennis Byrne

Posted by rlubke <Ry...@Sun.COM>.

Posted by Martin Marinschek <ma...@gmail.com>.
Hi Dennis,

yes, well - the question is, as always, if you call including an xsd a
_binary_ or a _source code_ shipment.

regards,

Martin

--