Posted to dev@openoffice.apache.org by Claudio Filho <fi...@gmail.com> on 2012/05/28 16:16:33 UTC

Poll about AOO in Ubuntu

Interesting. Already have people asking about this.

http://identi.ca/main/poll/2b0ee651-d09b-43fe-b0ec-e441cb16ba82

Claudio

Re: Poll about AOO in Ubuntu

Posted by Jürgen Schmidt <jo...@googlemail.com>.
On 5/29/12 5:00 PM, drew jensen wrote:
> On Tue, 2012-05-29 at 05:59 -0300, Fernando Cassia wrote:
>> On Mon, May 28, 2012 at 7:13 PM, Andrea Pescetti<pe...@apache.org>wrote:
>>
>>> Anything else might conflict with Canonical's commercial interests and is
>>> thus a totally different issue.
>>

>> Oh really? ;-) see Shuttleworth's words on the LibreOffice fork and the
>> "radical faction" (sic)
>> http://ho.io/libreoffice
>>
>> Personally, I think he might be more inclined to add Apache OO to Ubuntu
>> than you think.
>
> Well, if you like the poll idea then I suppose you also like the outcome
> - people do not want LibO replaced w/ AOO.
>
> So, I hope from you (and others), this will the end of it.

I think we would be all happy if users would have at least the choice
;-) And the choice in a way that it is expected and common on the system
and comfortable for the users.

I would very much appreciate if users can choose and I suggest that we
focus on our project to influence the decision of users in a positive
way for AOO ;-)

Juergen

Re: Poll about AOO in Ubuntu

Posted by drew jensen <dr...@gmail.com>.
On Tue, 2012-05-29 at 05:59 -0300, Fernando Cassia wrote:
> On Mon, May 28, 2012 at 7:13 PM, Andrea Pescetti <pe...@apache.org>wrote:
>
> > Anything else might conflict with Canonical's commercial interests and is
> > thus a totally different issue.
>

> Oh really? ;-) see Shuttleworth's words on the LibreOffice fork and the
> "radical faction" (sic)
> http://ho.io/libreoffice
>
> Personally, I think he might be more inclined to add Apache OO to Ubuntu
> than you think.

Well, if you like the poll idea then I suppose you also like the outcome
- people do not want LibO replaced w/ AOO.

So, I hope from you (and others), this will the end of it.

//drew

Re: Poll about AOO in Ubuntu

Posted by Fernando Cassia <fc...@gmail.com>.
On Mon, May 28, 2012 at 7:13 PM, Andrea Pescetti <pe...@apache.org>wrote:

> Anything else might conflict with Canonical's commercial interests and is
> thus a totally different issue.

Oh really? ;-) see Shuttleworth's words on the LibreOffice fork and the
"radical faction" (sic)
http://ho.io/libreoffice

Personally, I think he might be more inclined to add Apache OO to Ubuntu
than you think.

FC

act
- George Orwell

Re: Poll about AOO in Ubuntu

Posted by Andrea Pescetti <pe...@apache.org>.
On 28/05/2012 Albino B Neto wrote:
> http://identi.ca/main/poll/4f5e114e-8dfd-4103-9c04-671e9df79bb5

I'm not sure that a poll like "Would you agree if Canonical decide to
replace !libreoffice with !openoffice on !ubuntu 12.10?" will help. Of
course anybody can setup any poll, but what the project (so, not random
identi.ca users) should focus on is:
1) getting OpenOffice in the Ubuntu repositories and
2) getting Ubuntu to fix its packaging so that there are no conflicts.
Anything else might conflict with Canonical's commercial interests and
is thus a totally different issue.

The same holds for other mainstream distributions.

Regards,
   Andrea.

Re: Poll about AOO in Ubuntu

Posted by Albino B Neto <bi...@gmail.com>.
Hi.

2012/5/28 Claudio Filho <fi...@gmail.com>:
> Interesting. Already have people asking about this.
>
> http://identi.ca/main/poll/2b0ee651-d09b-43fe-b0ec-e441cb16ba82

This link:

http://identi.ca/main/poll/4f5e114e-8dfd-4103-9c04-671e9df79bb5

Albino