Posted to fop-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by "Winterflood, Jonathan" <jo...@capgemini.com> on 2008/08/01 10:33:05 UTC

RE: Help with layout and design

Hi,

As far as I can tell, your current data is in some kind of fixed width columns, padded with spaces.

If this is the case, you could just use substring(string,start[,len]) to cut it up. Obviously this would require knowing the width of the column.

As a variation on Andreas' solution, maybe the splitting criteria could be the presence of n spaces (3 or so?)

Obviously these can break if the data ever gets too long and breaks the fixed-length column layout, or contains multiple spaces in the data, or the data is just small enough and there is only one space between columns.

Cheers,

Jonathan Winterflood (3237)

Capgemini Ouest - Agence de Brest

P Please consider the environment and do not print this email unless  absolutely necessary. Capgemini encourages environmental awareness