Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by aaron smith <be...@gmail.com> on 2007/07/06 21:44:54 UTC

executing python in post-commit shell script failing..?

hey all, i've got a post commit set up. and i'm trying to add in the
subverssed.py script. i put the subverssed.py file in the same dir as the
post-commit, and in the post-commit i put "python subverssed.py". I also
make the file executable. Not sure what else would be causing it to fail.
any ideas?

Thanks all

Re: executing python in post-commit shell script failing..?

Posted by Ryan Schmidt <su...@ryandesign.com>.
On Jul 6, 2007, at 16:44, aaron smith wrote:

> hey all, i've got a post commit set up. and i'm trying to add in
> the subverssed.py script. i put the subverssed.py file in the same
> dir as the post-commit, and in the post-commit i put "python
> subverssed.py". I also make the file executable. Not sure what else
> would be causing it to fail.
>
> any ideas?

In the hook script, use absolute paths for everything, e.g.:

/usr/bin/python /complete/path/to/subverssed.py