Posted to dev@cassandra.apache.org by Chris Burroughs <ch...@gmail.com> on 2011/03/16 00:10:58 UTC

re-using Cassandra's Bloom Filter

Hello all,

Persuaded by Jonathan Ellis post [1] we started using Cassandra Bloom
Filter implementation [2] when the need for one arose (which worked
great by the way).  That work grew into a stand alone library for
tackling a related set of problems that we hope others find useful and
are releasing:

https://github.com/clearspring/stream-lib

I've tried to make clear which code is primarily the work of Apache
Cassandra committers both in the code and README (in many cases are
changes are currently minimal).  Please let me know if you have any
questions or concerns.  I think we have gotten all of the legal "t"s
crossed but if you see anything amiss there we will fix it right away.

Thank you,
Chris Burroughs
Developer | Clearspring Technologies

[1]
http://spyced.blogspot.com/2009/01/all-you-ever-wanted-to-know-about.html

[2] Circa 2009 or so.  Comparisons with the new implementation using
OpenBitSet are on the proverbial todo list.

Re: re-using Cassandra's Bloom Filter

Posted by Jonathan Ellis <jb...@gmail.com>.
Great! Glad someone took me up on that. :)

--
Jonathan Ellis
Project Chair, Apache Cassandra