Posted to users@myfaces.apache.org by Dave <ja...@yahoo.com> on 2008/09/27 19:45:40 UTC

JSF for mobile device WAP/WML?

Hello, I am using JSF myfaces.� I got requirement to extend our current JSF app to mobile device such cell phone.� Does JSF support WAP/WML?� is there any tools?� Thanks for advice.
�
Dave

Re: [Trinidad] iphone JSP components

Posted by Andrew Robinson <an...@gmail.com>.
On Mon, Sep 29, 2008 at 12:15 AM, VISTICOT FREDERIC
<Fr...@alcatel-lucent.fr> wrote:
> I would like to create a set of JSF components for JSF.
>
> I think that trinidad as a very good support for skining and i would like to
> use it.
>

> What is the best solution to use trinidad to build JSF components for iphone
> ?

For new components maybe:
trinidad/trinidad-sandbox/iphone-components/...projects...

For existing components, with different renderers, there is already
PDA support, so you could probably look at that code to see how it
works to be able to help write the renderers to render the components
in a more iPhone friendly manner.

> 1. Using current renderer and add new components with dedicated skins
>
> Would it work (PPR, css) due to safari browser on iphone ?

Yes. iPhone safari supports AJAX and CSS. It isn't safari 3.0, but not
too much behind. I am not sure how compatible the Trinidad PPR code is
with the iPhone, anyone know from experience?

> 2. Creating a new renderkit + components (core, html, htmlbasic, uix,
> iphone)

Shouldn't be necessary with the architecture of Trinidad

> I think, it is the good approach but where can i find some information
> regarding creating a new renderkit with trinidad ?

You don't need a new renderkit, but rather support for a different set
of renderers for that platform I think. Check out the PDA support.

> Will PPR feature usable (XMLHTTP request and safari) ??

Yes, but as I said above, I am not sure if the Trinidad PPR has been
well tested on the mobile safari yet.

[Trinidad] iphone JSP components

Posted by VISTICOT FREDERIC <Fr...@alcatel-lucent.fr>.
I would like to create a set of JSF components for JSF.

I think that trinidad as a very good support for skining and i would
like to use it.

What is the best solution to use trinidad to build JSF components for
iphone ?

1. Using current renderer and add new components with dedicated skins

Would it work (PPR, css) due to safari browser on iphone ?

2. Creating a new renderkit + components (core, html, htmlbasic, uix,
iphone)

I think, it is the good approach but where can i find some information
regarding creating a new renderkit with trinidad ?

I have allready created renderkit but on top of basic core jsf not on
top of trinidad...

I try to read the trinidad source code but it seems not so easy...
(RenderKitDecorator, RenderkitBase...) can you provide me some support ?

How to use the skining feature when creating new renderkit ? is it
allready provided by trinidad base renderKit.

Will PPR feature usable (XMLHTTP request and safari) ??

Of course, in both case it would be possible to reuse iphone css
projects (iui, UiUIKit)

Tx for you help.

Fred

Re: JSF for mobile device WAP/WML?

Posted by Rogerio Pereira <ro...@gmail.com>.
I'm not sure about the current status of wml renderkit of myfaces but you
have mobilesfaces as an option too:

http://www.ericsson.com/mobilityworld/sub/open/technologies/open_development_tips/tools/mobilefaces_src_code_lib

2008/9/27 Dave <ja...@yahoo.com>

> Hello, I am using JSF myfaces.  I got requirement to extend our current JSF
> app to mobile device such cell phone.  Does JSF support WAP/WML?  is there
> any tools?  Thanks for advice.
>
> Dave

Rogério (_rogerio_)

[Blog: http://faces.eti.br]  [Sandbox: http://bmobile.dyndns.org]  [Twitter:
http://twitter.com/ararog]

"Faça a diferença! Ajude o seu país a crescer, não retenha conhecimento,
distribua e aprenda mais."
(http://faces.eti.br/2006/10/30/conhecimento-e-amadurecimento)