Posted to user@spark.apache.org by Biplob Biswas <re...@gmail.com> on 2016/07/02 14:48:41 UTC

Working of Streaming Kmeans

Hi,

I wanted to ask a very basic question about the working of Streaming Kmeans.

Does the model update only when training (i.e. training dataset is used) or
does it update on the PredictOnValues function as well for the test dataset?

Thanks and Regards
Biplob

Working of Streaming Kmeans

Posted by Holden Karau <ho...@pigscanfly.ca>.
Hi Biplob,

The current Streaming KMeans code only updates data which comes in through
training (e.g. trainOn), predictOn does not update the model.

Cheers,

Holden :)

P.S.

Traffic on the list might be have been bit slower right now because of
Canada Day and 4th of July weekend respectively.

Re: Working of Streaming Kmeans

Posted by Biplob Biswas <re...@gmail.com>.
Hi,