Posted to dev@mina.apache.org by "Panda, Archanaa IN GGN SISL" <Ar...@Siemens.com> on 2009/01/24 19:18:54 UTC

Asyncweb release required

Hello,

I would like to use AsyncWeb and Mina for my project. I understand that
MINA 2.0.0-M4 bundles asyncweb with it, but this is not a release
candidate and I don't want to risk using it.

I tried to download AsyncWeb 0.8 from the safehaus svn but I found that
https://svn.safehaus.org/repos/asyncweb/release is unavailable. I am not
able to download AsyncWeb 0.8 which is the only stable version and I
cannot use MINA 2.0.0's asyncweb as it is not yet a release candidate.

So could you please help me get the AsyncWeb 0.8 stable release version?

Also, when would the MINA2.0 release candidate along with AsyncWeb be
available?

Thanks and regards,

Archanaa

Important notice:This e-mail and any attachment thereto contains corporate proprietary information. If you have received it by mistake, please notify us immediately by reply e-mail and delete this e-mail and its attachments from your system. Thank You.

Re: Asyncweb release required

Posted by Emmanuel Lecharny <el...@gmail.com>.
Panda, Archanaa IN GGN SISL wrote:
> Hello,
>

> I would like to use AsyncWeb and Mina for my project.
great !
>  I understand that
> MINA 2.0.0-M4 bundles asyncweb with it,
actually, this is the opposite. Asyncweb relies on MINA
> but this is not a release
> candidate and I don't want to risk using it.

What risk do you think you will take ? The only difference between a
milestone and a release is that there won't be any API modification or
new feature added in a release, while it might be the case for a
milestone. FYI, M4 is the last milestone, and the next package will be a
release candidate.

In any case, we use integration tests to check that we don't introduce
regression while fixing bugs. The lastest version is probably the most
stable one.

> I tried to download AsyncWeb 0.8 from the safehaus svn but I found that
> https://svn.safehaus.org/repos/asyncweb/release is unavailable. I am not
> able to download AsyncWeb 0.8 which is the only stable version and I
> cannot use MINA 2.0.0's asyncweb as it is not yet a release candidate.

Well, then you are in a dead end ... Asyncweb has been moved to MINA.
Btw, Asyncweb 0.8 was based on a version of MINA which was very old and
buggy. MINA 2.0.0-M4 is way more stable !

> So could you please help me get the AsyncWeb 0.8 stable release version?

0.8 is _not_ a stable version. It's just an iteration toward 1.0, the
first stable version.

> Also, when would the MINA2.0 release candidate along with AsyncWeb be
> available?

Soon. But we don't have any date yet.

cordialement, regards,
Emmanuel Lécharny