Posted to dev@ambari.apache.org by fongjiachang <fo...@iii.org.tw> on 2014/03/05 04:46:01 UTC

Have some questions for ambari project

Hello,

I have some questions for ambari project.

First question, I want to add a service to ambari's hadoop cluster.

And the service is apache mesos, it isn't belong to exist service for ambari's hadoop cluster. What can I do it?

Second question, I want to modify ambari's hadoop version from 1.2.0 to 1.2.1.

What can I do to add the service to ambari software stack and modify ambari's hadoop version to be changed?

Third, I wnat to build ambari, and the command is "mvn -B clean install package rpm:rpm versions:set -DnewVersion=${AMBARI_VERSION} -DskipTests -Dpython.ver="python >= 2.6" -Preplaceurl"

,and I set ${AMBARI_VERSION} to 1.4.4, but it is still build 1.3.0-snapshot...

Can you give any information to help me?

Thanks!!!

Fitch

Re: Have some questions for ambari project

Posted by Siddharth Wagle <sw...@hortonworks.com>.
Hi Fitch,

You should be able to find useful information on the Ambari wiki,
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=38571131

Here are the instructions for upgrading the stack,
http://ambari.apache.org/1.2.3/installing-hadoop-using-ambari/content/ambari-chap9.html

As for the last question, the 1.3.0 version number that is a part of the
rpm, this is just an outcome of the pom file, the generated rpm is still
good.
Are you using the wiki instructions for building rpm?
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/AMBARI/Build+and+Install+Ambari+1.4.4

Best Regards,
Sid

--