Posted to jetspeed-user@portals.apache.org by Mansour <ma...@yahoo.com> on 2007/10/09 05:26:02 UTC

confussed about PSML menus

I am trying to understand the structure of the the minimal jetspeed
installation, that's the jetspeed war and j2-admin.war.
In the login page I can see there's four links:
Additional Links
Jetspeed 2 Home Page <http://portals.apache.org/jetspeed-2/>
Jetspeed 2 Wiki <http://wiki.apache.org/portals/Jetspeed2>
Apache Portals Website <http://portals.apache.org>
Apache Software Foundation <http://www.apache.org>

These links can be found in the file
/jetspeed/WebContent/WEB-INF/pages/folder.metadata

<document-order>Jetspeed2.link</document-order>
  <document-order>Jetspeed2Wiki.link</document-order>
  <document-order>apache_portals.link</document-order>
  <document-order>apache.link</document-order>

  <menu name="page-navigations">
    <options>/Administrative/portal-admin,/Administrative/security</options>
  </menu>

Q1: where does the last element "menu" show on the page?

When I login as admin, I get three more links:
Folders
Administrative <http://localhost:8080/jetspeed/portal/Administrative>
Jetspeed Administrative Portlets
<http://localhost:8080/jetspeed/portal/Administrative/portal-admin>
Security Administration
<http://localhost:8080/jetspeed/portal/Administrative/security>

If the menu element in question is creating these links (I don't think
it does) , then where does the third one come from??