Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Rishi krish <ri...@gmail.com> on 2007/01/02 23:00:34 UTC

axis 2 1.1.1 RC1

Hi
I have downloaded the axis2 1.1.1 rc1 and I have some setup questions:

1>What version of rampart should I download? I assume the answer is rampart
1.1.

2>I have been using rampart 1.0 along with axis2 and if I have to use
rampart 1.1 will all my services.xml securiy deployment xml format change? I
see the samples from rampart 1.1 [basic samples] and they seem exactly same
as before. But the site for downloading rampart1.1 says
"The WS-Security and WS-SecureConversation implementation for axis2. Now
with a new configuration model based on WS-SecurityPolicy "
I am confused at the "new configuration model " statement. If I am not using
ws-policy or security policy can I still go on using the old [rampart 1.0]
way of specifying security attributes.

3>Getting compilation error in using the piece of code below - used to work
for axis2 1.0 release.

*if*(httpUserName != *null* && httpPassword != *null*)

{

HttpTransportProperties.BasicAuthentication basicAuthentication =

*new* HttpTransportProperties().*new* BasicAuthentication();

basicAuthentication.setUsername("axis2");

basicAuthentication.setPassword("axis2");

options.setProperty(

org.apache.axis2.transport.http.HTTPConstants.BASIC_AUTHENTICATION,

basicAuthentication);

}
4>I was using OperationContext to get some custom parameters from
services.xml. Should I start using
MessageContext.getCurrentMessageContext().getParameter(..)
instead?

thanks
Rishi

Re: axis 2 1.1.1 RC1

Posted by Deepal Jayasinghe <de...@opensource.lk>.
Hi all;

Any idea abt 1.1.1 release date , we had 1.1.1 RC1 about a week and I
hope its time to release 1.1.1

Thanks
Deepal

Re: axis 2 1.1.1 RC1

Posted by Mary Thompson <mr...@lbl.gov>.

Rishi krish wrote:
> Hi
> thanks for all the response. Can you pls tell me how to set the soap12
> while using the serviceclient api?
> I remember seeing this piece of code somewhere and not sure this is the
> way to set soap12 for servicelcient:
>
> options.setSoapVersionURI(SOAP12Constants.SOAP_ENVELOPE_NAMESPACE_URI);
>
> serviceClient.setOptions(options);

That looks right. I just set the soap namespace in my WSDL to
	xmlns:soap="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/wsdl/soap12/"
and WSDL2java generated the following line in the clientStub constructor

             //Set the soap version

_serviceClient.getOptions().setSoapVersionURI(org.apache.axiom.soap.SOAP12Constants.SOAP_ENVELOPE_NAMESPACE_URI);

> Also u said the soap fault is broken for soap11 - but I can still use
> soap11 as long as I am not bothered about faults - right?

Yes. rampart 1.1 broke the handling of enumerated strings on the
server-side for me, but Ruchith said my test case worked for him, so I
just gave up and switched to plain strings and let code that I wrote and
understand check for the allowed values.

> Is there any chance of a fix by the time axis 2 1.1.1 is released
> finally?[probably a question for Thilana]

You could go to the jira page and vote for it and the WSCOMMONS bug :-)

Mary

Re: axis 2 1.1.1 RC1

Posted by Rishi krish <ri...@gmail.com>.
Hi

On 1/2/07, Mary Thompson <mr...@lbl.gov> wrote:

> Yes you do  need Rampart 1.1. I have been using rampart 1.1 with the
> nightly builds for about a month now. You can ignore all the policy
> stuff. In fact I have not always even loaded rahas.mar.
> I did not need to make any wsdl changes for rampart 1.1.
>
> However, using rampart 1.1 did break the soap 1.1 fault message
> handling. There is a jira about this, AXIS2-1643. The cause is evidently
> caused by a bug in WSCOMMONS-104.
>
> Using SOAP 1.2 gets around this.
>
> Mary  Thompson
>
> Rishi krish wrote:
> > Hi
> > I have downloaded the axis2 1.1.1 rc1 and I have some setup questions:
> >
> > 1>What version of rampart should I download? I assume the answer is
> > rampart 1.1.
> >
> > 2>I have been using rampart 1.0 along with axis2 and if I have to use
> > rampart 1.1 will all my services.xml securiy deployment xml format
> > change? I see the samples from rampart 1.1 [basic samples] and they seem
> > exactly same as before. But the site for downloading rampart1.1 says
> > "The WS-Security and WS-SecureConversation implementation for axis2. Now
> > with a new configuration model based on WS-SecurityPolicy "
> > I am confused at the "new configuration model " statement. If I am not
> > using ws-policy or security policy can I still go on using the old
> > [rampart 1.0] way of specifying security attributes.
> >

> > 3>Getting compilation error in using the piece of code below - used to
> > work for axis2 1.0 release.
> >

> > *if*(httpUserName != *null* && httpPassword != * null*)
> >
> > {
> >
> > HttpTransportProperties.BasicAuthentication basicAuthentication =
> >
> > *new* HttpTransportProperties().*new* BasicAuthentication();
> >
> > basicAuthentication.setUsername(
> >
> > "axis2");
> >
> > basicAuthentication.setPassword(
> >
> > "axis2");
> >
> > options.setProperty(
> >
> > org.apache.axis2.transport.http.HTTPConstants.BASIC_AUTHENTICATION,
> >
> > basicAuthentication);
> >
> > }
> >
> > 4>I was using OperationContext to get some custom parameters from
> > services.xml. Should I start using
> > MessageContext.getCurrentMessageContext().getParameter(..) instead?
> >
> > thanks
> > Rishi

thanks
Rishi

Re: axis 2 1.1.1 RC1

Posted by Mary Thompson <mr...@lbl.gov>.

Re: axis 2 1.1.1 RC1

Posted by Ruchith Fernando <ru...@gmail.com>.
On 1/3/07, Thilina Gunarathne <cs...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
> > 1>What version of rampart should I download? I assume the answer is rampart
> > 1.1.
> Yes... Your are correct..
>
> > 2>I have been using rampart 1.0 along with axis2 and if I have to use
> > rampart 1.1 will all my services.xml securiy deployment xml format change? I
> > see the samples from rampart 1.1 [basic samples] and they seem exactly same
> > as before. But the site for downloading rampart1.1 says
> > "The WS-Security and WS-SecureConversation implementation for axis2. Now
> > with a new configuration model based on WS-SecurityPolicy "
> > I am confused at the "new configuration model " statement. If I am not using
> > ws-policy or security policy can I still go on using the old [rampart 1.0]
> > way of specifying security attributes.
> I think you can use use rampart 1.1 with Rampart 1.0 config..  But not sure...
> Ruchith...  We need help..

You can use exactly the same configuration that you use with
rampart-1.0 with rampart-1.1 as well.

The new configuration model is also available and we will get rid of
the old configuration (1.0) when users become familiar with
WS-SecurityPolicy based configuration.

Thanks,
Ruchith

--
www.ruchith.org
www.wso2.org

Re: axis 2 1.1.1 RC1

Posted by Thilina Gunarathne <cs...@gmail.com>.
Hi,
> 1>What version of rampart should I download? I assume the answer is rampart
> 1.1.
Yes... Your are correct..

> 2>I have been using rampart 1.0 along with axis2 and if I have to use
> rampart 1.1 will all my services.xml securiy deployment xml format change? I
> see the samples from rampart 1.1 [basic samples] and they seem exactly same
> as before. But the site for downloading rampart1.1 says
> "The WS-Security and WS-SecureConversation implementation for axis2. Now
> with a new configuration model based on WS-SecurityPolicy "
> I am confused at the "new configuration model " statement. If I am not using
> ws-policy or security policy can I still go on using the old [rampart 1.0]
> way of specifying security attributes.
I think you can use use rampart 1.1 with Rampart 1.0 config..  But not sure...
Ruchith...  We need help..

> 3>Getting compilation error in using the piece of code below - used to work
> for axis2 1.0 release.
>

> if(httpUserName != null && httpPassword != null)
>
> {
>
> HttpTransportProperties.BasicAuthentication
> basicAuthentication =
>
> new HttpTransportProperties().new BasicAuthentication();
>

> basicAuthentication.setUsername("axis2");
>
> basicAuthentication.setPassword("axis2");
>
> options.setProperty(
>
> org.apache.axis2.transport.http.HTTPConstants.BASIC_AUTHENTICATION,
>
> basicAuthentication);
> }
I will try it out and let you know...

> 4>I was using OperationContext to get some custom parameters from
> services.xml. Should I start using
> MessageContext.getCurrentMessageContext().getParameter(..)
> instead?
Yes. You can use MC.getCurrentMC().getP...() to get the parameters
from the services.xml.

~Thilina

--
Thilina Gunarathne