Posted to dev@airavata.apache.org by "Kotabagi, Karan" <kk...@iu.edu> on 2018/06/17 01:13:06 UTC

GSoC - 2018 - Integration of the Nextcloud with Apache Airavata (Summary)

Hi All,

I have connected the next cloud module with the seagrid rich client and able to upload the sample file from the seagrid rich client to the jet stream instance where the next cloud server is running.

I need to figure out the way to map the exact structure on how the files are saved in the existing file server to the nextcloud server.

Nextcloud File Saving Structure After Upload: Parentroot/username/files/Projectfolder/subfolder.experimentid/file.ext

Current File Server Structure: Parentroot/username/Projectfolder/subfolder.experimentid/file.ext

So, as the nextcloud will create the file structure by itself, the files will be stored inside the username/files/ so when I upload the file the file will be saved under the files folder inside the username, and this is the difference with respect to the current structure as the current structure in the server where the files are stored doesn't have the "files" folder as the nextcloud storage structure. This need to be figured out and I need to find the solution for the same, and at next continue with the integration of the download tasks and download/upload folders connection with seagrid rich client.

Also, I will use the existing token to authenticate(I have excluded just the generatetokentask from the developed module) and this will be validated with the same validation API at the nextcloud server, so the refresh token and the other tasks in the background will be handled as same before.

So please provide if there are any suggestions with to overcome the  file structure difference.

Regards

Karan