Posted to solr-dev@lucene.apache.org by anuvenk <an...@hotmail.com> on 2007/12/01 01:21:49 UTC

Re: synonyms

Ideally, would it be a good idea to pass the index data through the synonyms
filter while indexing?
Also,
say i have this mapping
dui => drunk driving defense
 or
dui,drunk driving defense,drunk driving law

so matches for dui, will also bring up matches for drunk driving law (the
whole phrase) or does it also bring up all matches for 'drunk' ,
'driving','law'  ?

Re: synonyms

Posted by anuvenk <an...@hotmail.com>.
pls someone help!! I'll be able to proceed only after finding the answer for
my question below

anuvenk wrote:

> Ideally, would it be a good idea to pass the index data through the
> synonyms filter while indexing?
> Our index has huge volumes of data. And i can't re-index data everytime i
> add a bunch of new synonyms.
> Also,
> say i have this mapping
> dui => drunk driving defense
>  or
> dui,drunk driving defense,drunk driving law
>
> so matches for dui, will also bring up matches for drunk driving law (the
> whole phrase) or does it also bring up all matches for 'drunk' ,
> 'driving','law'  ?
>
> Currently i have "text" field, which at query time uses the SynonymFilter.
> And expand=true
> I'm in the process of adding more synonyms of the form
> word1,word2,word3 (all multi-spacewords)
> And ideally i'd like solr to return matches for word2 and word3 (including
> spaces) for word1, matches for word3 and word1 for word2 and so on.
>
> In such a scenario how should i approach the usage of the synonym filter.
> Any help is greatly appreciated.
>

> Yonik Seeley wrote:
>>
>> On Nov 30, 2007 5:39 PM, anuvenk <an...@hotmail.com> wrote:
>>> Should data be re-indexed everytime synonyms like
>>> word1,word2
>>> or