Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by Jitesh Thakur <th...@gmail.com> on 2015/04/14 16:35:06 UTC

File Down load Slow In Jmeter than Browser

Hi,

I am trying to test file download using jmeter. This is working fine and
the file size is 100 MB. The problem is when I download this file using
browser it takes  ~2-3 seconds at an average ~45 MB/Sec but when I do the
same using Jmeter it takes about 38 seconds at the rate of ~ 3MB/Sec. The
other problem is that Jmeter takes twice the processor power and for 12
times the duration ( 3 sec compare to 38 sec) which makes it even more
difficult to test with higher concurrency.

Do you know if there is any setting or something I am missing here. I have
already tried the following setting in jmeter.properties files and I have
already tried in 2 versions of Jmeter 2.9 and 2.12 and results are same.

httpclient.socket.http.cps=12800000000
httpclient.socket.https.cps=12800000000

Regards
Jitesh