Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Peter Beardsley <pb...@appropriatesolutions.com> on 2001/12/12 21:04:27 UTC

weird mod_rewrite problem

I'm attempting to get mod_rewrite working on a new build of apache using
the latest sources(1.3.22) on RedHat 7.2 and I'm experiencing a problem
with mod_rewrite that I've never seen before: when I start the server, the
rewrite log gets written with 0 bytes, but no rewrite processing takes
place and nothing is written to the log(even with the log level on 9).  I
have a very simple rule, just:

RewriteRule   ^/extras2/ /extras/

So I don't think that's what's screwing it up.  I've minimized the amount
of modules I've built in to see if there's some kind of conflict and I've
even tried building it as a DSO but it doesn't make any difference.

Has anyone seen anything like this before or have any idea what's going on?

Re: weird mod_rewrite problem

Posted by darren chamberlain <dl...@users.sourceforge.net>.
Peter Beardsley <pb...@appropriatesolutions.com> said something to this effect on 12/12/2001:
> I'm attempting to get mod_rewrite working on a new build of
> apache using the latest sources(1.3.22) on RedHat 7.2 and I'm
> experiencing a problem with mod_rewrite that I've never seen
> before: when I start the server, the rewrite log gets written
> with 0 bytes, but no rewrite processing takes place and nothing
> is written to the log(even with the log level on 9).  I have a
> very simple rule, just:
>
> RewriteRule   ^/extras2/ /extras/
>
> So I don't think that's what's screwing it up.  I've minimized
> the amount of modules I've built in to see if there's some kind
> of conflict and I've even tried building it as a DSO but it
> doesn't make any difference.
>
> Has anyone seen anything like this before or have any idea
> what's going on?

Two questions:

1)  You do have RewriteEngine On, correct?

2)  Is mod_rewrite actually rewriting?  no rewriting means no
    logs...

(darren)

--
1 + 1 = 3, for large values of 1.