Posted to user@avro.apache.org by lewis john mcgibbney <le...@apache.org> on 2016/01/21 18:37:51 UTC

[ANNOUNCE] Apache Nutch 2.3.1 Release

Hi Folks,

!!Apologies for cross posting!!

The Apache Nutch PMC are pleased to announce the immediate release of
Apache Nutch v2.3.1, we advise all current users and developers of the 2.X
series to upgrade to this release.

Nutch is a well matured, production ready Web crawler. Nutch 2.X branch is
becoming an emerging alternative taking direct inspiration from Nutch 1.X
series. 2.X differs in one key area; storage is abstracted away from any
specific underlying data store by using Apache Gora™
<http://gora.apache.org> for handling object to persistent data store
mappings.

The recommended Gora backends for this Nutch release are

   - Apache Avro 1.7.6
   - Apache Hadoop 1.2.1 and 2.5.2
   - Apache HBase 0.98.8-hadoop2 (although also tested with 1.X)
   - Apache Cassandra 2.0.2
   - Apache Solr 4.10.3
   - MongoDB 2.6.X
   - Apache Accumlo 1.5.1
   - Apache Spark 1.4.1

This bug fix release contains around 40 issues addressed. For a complete
overview of these issues please see the release report
<http://s.apache.org/nutch_2.3.1>.

As usual in the 2.X series, release artifacts are made available as only
source and also available within Maven Central
<http://search.maven.org/#search%7Cgav%7C1%7Cg%3A%22org.apache.nutch%22%20AND%20a%3A%22nutch%22>
as a Maven dependency. The release is available from our DOWNLAODS PAGE
<http://nutch.apache.org/downloads.html>.

Thank you to everyone that contributed towards this release.