Posted to general@xml.apache.org by Nicola Ken Barozzi <ni...@apache.org> on 2003/07/08 16:27:59 UTC

Re: [vote] XMLBeans to enter XML incubation [was: Re: Vote for XMLBeans proposal in the XML Project (was RE: Vote for XMLBeans proposal)]

Neil Graham wrote, On 08/07/2003 16.00:

> Just a process question though:  So this vote is to accept XMLBeans into
> incubation, as well as to set out the set of conditions that must be met
> during incubation in order for the subproject to become a full-fledged
> member of the xml.apache.org project, right?  Assuming the code is
> accepted, when the time comes when the members of the XMLBeans community
> decide that they believe they have met the conditions we set out here, will
> there be another vote held to formally bring the subproject into
> xml.apache.org, or will someone (you as the PMC chair perhaps) simply
> decide whether or not the conditions have indeed been met?

<incubator-hat>

Process:

  1 - The XMLBeans project decides to ask to come to Apache
  2 - The XML PMC decides it wants the project
  3 - The XMLBeans project moves here and incubation is done
  4 - The Incubator PMC (eventually) votes the project fully in
      after incubation
  5 - party!

</incubator-hat>

             - verba volant, scripta manent -