Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Antonio Gallardo <ag...@agsoftware.dnsalias.com> on 2003/11/14 23:01:53 UTC

found the problem in (was: [woody] - wi:group problem)

Hi:

I finally found the source of this problem (2 days). Try to explain:

I had a file with a field defined as follow:

<wd:field id="emp_razonSocial" required="true">
  <wd:label>Razón Social:</wd:label>
    <wd:datatype base="string">
      <wd:validation><wd:length max="100"/></wd:validation>
    </wd:datatype>
</wd:field>

NOTE: The <wd:label>, it includes the letter "ó" (&#243; or &oacute;)
If you try this element everything works fine. No problem showed even if
you use Xalan. XSLTC fail because the woody-samples-styling.xsl use
<xsl:include> and seems like there is a related bug about that (even in
earlier versions of xalan - 2.5.1 or below).

In the same I had the following:

<wd:repeater-action id="agregaranual" action-command="add-row"
    repeater="anual">
    <wd:label>Agregar Transacción</wd:label>
</wd:repeater-action>

NOTE: The <wd:label>, it includes (as above) the letter "ó" (&#243; or
&oacute;) But in this case xalan fails with the following error:

o.a.c.ProcessingException: Failed to execute pipeline.:
java.lang.RuntimeException: java.lang.RuntimeException:
org.xml.sax.SAXException: Attempt to output character of integral value
243 that is not represented in specified output encoding of .

Interesting is'n it? :-D

If I avoid the use of the letter "ó" (&#243; or &oacute;) in the
<wd:label> of the <wd:repeater-action> everything works OK.

Really it is not important if I let the letter "ó" in the <wd:field>
(described above).

I understand the <wd:repeater-action> generates a button, but why it fails
just there and no in the first case? Is this because the "value" of the
generated <input> is an attribute?

I also understand it cannot necesary be a problem related to woody.

WYTA?

Best Regards,

Antonio Gallardo