Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Peter Stavrinides <P....@albourne.com> on 2010/10/05 08:45:14 UTC

Re: Is there any way to render the "get" method of form?

Point us to the Jira Lutz, the HTML 2 specification details the following:
"If the processing of a form is idempotent (i.e. it has no lasting observable effect on the state of the world), then the form method should be GET. Many database searches have no visible side-effects and make ideal applications of query forms."

and:

"If the service associated with the processing of a form has side effects (for example, modification of a database or subscription to a service), the method should be POST."

so I believe you have a case.

Cheers,
Peter