Posted to dev@reef.apache.org by Markus Weimer <ma...@weimo.de> on 2015/08/17 22:14:07 UTC

Add shared DLL for internal-only code?

Hi,

on the .NET side, we have the REEF.Common project which has plenty of
`public` code not meant to be `public` at all, but instead be shared
only amongst the other REEF components. This creates a
bigger-than-necessary `public` surface we need to support.

Hence, I wonder: Would it be better to add a new project `REEF.Shared`
which contains that code as `internal` APIs? We'd then declare the
`REEF.Shared` project friends with all the other projects to gain
access. Over time, this would allow us to reduce the `public` surface of
REEF.

Thoughts?

Markus