Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Adnan Matiullah <ad...@yahoo.com> on 2000/11/27 08:42:11 UTC

Problem running Tomcat

I am using tomcat v3.1. I have set all the paths etc.
as in the documentation. An error is generated quoted
as under:
java.lang.ClassNotFoundException:
org/apache/tomcat/service/http/HttpConnectionHandler

I have checked the classpath for the existance of the
file. It exists, but error still comes.

How could I overcome this problem.

http://shopping.yahoo.com/

Re: Problem running Tomcat

Posted by Miles Daffin <mi...@cwcom.net>.
> I am using tomcat v3.1. I have set all the paths etc.
> as in the documentation. An error is generated quoted
> as under:
> java.lang.ClassNotFoundException:
> org/apache/tomcat/service/http/HttpConnectionHandler
>
> I have checked the classpath for the existance of the
> file. It exists, but error still comes.
>
> How could I overcome this problem.

The class mentioned is in %TOMCAT_HOME%\lib\webserver.jar

This error means that this jar file cannot be found. Check the classpath
settings in the batch or script file you are using to start tomcat. Make
sure the above jar in included.

Miles