Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Narayana <na...@gmail.com> on 2013/11/12 04:35:27 UTC

struts1 with Ajax using struts tags

I have a problem/doubt and describing here.I am using struts1.1(no plain
jsp's only struts tags) and needs to implement ajax in that.Q-1) With out
giving "action" property can't we write ?. If no I am using ajax in that
form(now my form having button to submit form data). Could any one please
help how to add my response back to form variable in same page.

<%@page import="app.RegisterForm"%>
<%@ taglib uri="/xyz" prefix="html" %>
<head>

</head>
<%
RegisterForm form = (RegisterForm)session.getAttribute("registerForm");

 String user = (form.getUsername() == null) ?"inr" :form.getUsername();
 String pass = form.getPassword().equals("")?"inr"  : form.getPassword();

//retrieveURL('example3GetCharacters.do');
 %>

onclick="retrieveURL('details.do');" />

my action class is

package app;

import org.apache.struts.action.Action;
import org.apache.struts.action.ActionForward;

public class DetailsAction extends Action {

        public ActionForward execute(ActionMapping mapping,ActionForm

                        form,HttpServletRequest request,HttpServletResponse
response)throws Exception

                        {
                    RegisterForm detailsForm = (RegisterForm)form;

                    detailsForm.setUsername("Struts");

                  System.out.println("inr"+detailsForm.getUsername());
                        return mapping.findForward("success");
                        }

}

Re: struts1 with Ajax using struts tags

Posted by Dave Newton <da...@gmail.com>.
Well, you *may* do that, but it's not a requirement; Ajax may return HTML
etc.

--
e: davelnewton@gmail.com
m: 908-380-8699

Re: struts1 with Ajax using struts tags

Posted by Paul Benedict <pb...@apache.org>.

<na...@gmail.com>wrote:

> I have a problem/doubt and describing here.I am using struts1.1(no plain
> jsp's only struts tags) and needs to implement ajax in that.Q-1) With out
> giving "action" property can't we write ?. If no I am using ajax in that
> form(now my form having button to submit form data). Could any one please
> help how to add my response back to form variable in same page.
>
> <%@page import="app.RegisterForm"%>
> <%@ taglib uri="/xyz" prefix="html" %>
> <head>
>

> </head>
> <%
> RegisterForm form = (RegisterForm)session.getAttribute("registerForm");
>
>  String user = (form.getUsername() == null) ?"inr" :form.getUsername();
>  String pass = form.getPassword().equals("")?"inr"  : form.getPassword();
>
> //retrieveURL('example3GetCharacters.do');
>  %>

> onclick="retrieveURL('details.do');" />

> my action class is
>

> package app;

> import org.apache.struts.action.Action;
> import org.apache.struts.action.ActionForm;
> import org.apache.struts.action.ActionForward;
> import org.apache.struts.action.ActionMapping;
>
> public class DetailsAction extends Action {
>
>         public ActionForward execute(ActionMapping mapping,ActionForm
>
>                         form,HttpServletRequest request,HttpServletResponse
> response)throws Exception
>
>                         {
>                     RegisterForm detailsForm = (RegisterForm)form;
>
>                     detailsForm.setUsername("Struts");
>
>                   System.out.println("inr"+detailsForm.getUsername());
>                         return mapping.findForward("success");
>                         }
>

> }

Cheers,