Posted to users@wicket.apache.org by mlabs <ml...@gmail.com> on 2012/05/15 22:01:02 UTC

nested divs, ajax css inheritance

I set html,body to height:100%; in my css file.
I have a page rendered and i'm ajaxing in a sub panel.
Because i'm ajaxing the panel in, I have to use setOutputMarkupId() .. which
results in wicket inserting a div with a generated ID in between the outer
containing div and the inner div of my panel... something like this :

         .. component here..

the problem is that I want the inner div to inherit the height:100%
attribute, but that only looks at the parent div.. which was inserted by
wicket and breaks the chain of inheritance...

i'm sure there is some glaringly obvious solution to this...

any thoughts?

TIA

Re: nested divs, ajax css inheritance

Posted by Martin Grigorov <mg...@apache.org>.
Hi,

Replace <div wicket:id="my_panel"> with <wicket:container
wicket:id="my_panel"> in YourPage.html.
The same can be achieved by calling myPanel.setRenderBodyOnly(true) in Java

On Tue, May 15, 2012 at 10:01 PM, mlabs <ml...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I set html,body to height:100%; in my css file.
> I have a page rendered and i'm ajaxing in a sub panel.
> Because i'm ajaxing the panel in, I have to use setOutputMarkupId() .. which
> results in wicket inserting a div with a generated ID in between the outer
> containing div and the inner div of my panel... something like this :

>         .. component here..
>
> the problem is that I want the inner div to inherit the height:100%
> attribute, but that only looks at the parent div.. which was inserted by
> wicket and breaks the chain of inheritance...
>
> i'm sure there is some glaringly obvious solution to this...
>
> any thoughts?
>
> TIA

Martin Grigorov
jWeekend