Posted to user@hbase.apache.org by Jason Bourne <pr...@gmail.com> on 2011/02/02 07:33:12 UTC

Re: MapReduce Program for the bulkUpload into the hbase-0.89

Hi,

I need to upload the bulk load of data into the Hbase-0.89 using the Map
Reduce program, I tried with the MapReduce program sample available in the
Hbase-0.20.6 API documents. But when I used the same samples for the
Hbase-0.89, BatchUpdate class files are removed, Then I used the PUT to
insert the data. I gave up finally and I seeking help. Anyone succeeded in
the uploading the bulk load of data into the Hbase-0.89 using the MapReduce
program.

I need the Map Reduce code to do the BulkUpload

Regards

Jason

Re: MapReduce Program for the bulkUpload into the hbase-0.89

Posted by Stack <st...@duboce.net>.
See the MR jobs that ship w/ hbase.   See here
http://hbase.apache.org/xref/org/apache/hadoop/hbase/mapreduce/package-summary.html.
 There's the Import* jobs that will read from an HDFS source or there
is Exporter to read from HBase.    Then there are unit tests at
src/test.  You know these 'examples' work.  There are examples that
use HBase as src and sink, etc.

Let us know what is missing.

St.Ack

Posted by praba karan <pr...@gmail.com>.