Posted to dev@lucene.apache.org by Uwe Schindler <uw...@thetaphi.de> on 2009/07/02 22:44:03 UTC

test-tag does not really test against 2.4, it tests against a branch from trunk on 2008-11-29

When doing LUCENE-1723, I restored the old state of RangeQuery & Co from
Lucene 2.4.1 and added all new things from 2.9 to the new renamed
TermRangeQuery & Co classes. Suddenly all tests in test-tag, that should
easily pass the RangeQuery tests, failed.

The source of the problem: the 2.4 backwards branch was not branched from
2.4, instead it was branched from trunk on 2008-11-29. So it includes some
new things like the new Tokenizer API and also MultiTermQuery changes
(because this was already committed when the branch was created).

I was able to fix this by copying the old 2.4 tests for RangeQueries, but
the whole testsuite is not correct because of this.

I could start to fix this by creating a patch with all changes in the
backwards-tests since the branch was started on 2008-11-29 (Revision:
721664, Author: mikemccand), delete the whole branch, branch new from 2.4.1
branch (and not trunk) and merge the test-branch changes from the created
patch again.

Any thoughts?

-----
Uwe Schindler
H.-H.-Meier-Allee 63, D-28213 Bremen
http://www.thetaphi.de
eMail: uwe@thetaphi.de

Re: test-tag does not really test against 2.4, it tests against a branch from trunk on 2008-11-29

Posted by DM Smith <dm...@gmail.com>.
FYI, You can always create a branch from a specific revision. Don't
know if this would help.

Posted by Michael McCandless <lu...@mikemccandless.com>.
On Fri, Jul 3, 2009 at 8:24 AM, Uwe Schindler<uw...@thetaphi.de> wrote:
> I used another solution, which is still not perfect but better than before.

OK I think this is a good solution for now.  We'll start a new
back-compat branch on 3.0 once it's released...

Mike

RE: test-tag does not really test against 2.4, it tests against a branch from trunk on 2008-11-29

Posted by Uwe Schindler <uw...@thetaphi.de>.
I committed this (revision: 791173) and will now create a new tag and
include into LUCENE-1713 commit.

-----
Posted by Uwe Schindler <uw...@thetaphi.de>.

Posted by Uwe Schindler <uw...@thetaphi.de>.