Posted to users@myfaces.apache.org by Titi Wangsa <bl...@gmail.com> on 2007/06/30 04:53:33 UTC

Weird problem with myfaces

ehlo to all
i'm using myfaces 1.1.5 and tomahawk 1.1.5
and shale 1.0.3

i;m having a VERY weird problem with myfaces..
i have a submit button
the submit button call a function that does some processing
i added a logging function to display the session id and remote ip of the user
that clicked this button
and then the user is redirected to another page.

the log shows that the button is clicked..
there is an entry at 10:41:03, 10:42:23.. and so on

ok
so far so good
not here comes the weird part

i have a user who says he clicks on the button
and he gets his original page again
and when i looked at the logs
his IP and session ID is not in the logs..
OMG. how could this be?

i've turned org.apache.catalina.valves.RequestDumperValve
to see if the data was POSTed
it was.
but i'm not sure what was POSTed

so sumarize
i have a page
when i click on the 'next' button
sometimes i get the next page
sometimes i get back the same page
if i get the same page, my form is all empty...
any ideas..?

Re: Weird problem with myfaces

Posted by Titi Wangsa <bl...@gmail.com>.
got it solved..
apparently its not myfaces..
rather its the tcnative (tomcat native code to make tomcat go faster)
that's causing it
sometimes, it can't parse the post parameters properly..
the logs are full of this

so when it can't parse ViewState parameter, i doesn't know the viewstate
but it receieved the post URL,
kicking me back to the originating url since jsf spec says
form submition = send post to self

i removed the tcnative libraries and everything seems ok

probably i'l ask the tomcat guys about this...

Re: Weird problem with myfaces

Posted by Andrew Robinson <an...@gmail.com>.
Weird. Are cookies supported in the browser that fails? Is JavaScript?

Have you been able to reproduce it?

Posted by Andrew Robinson <an...@gmail.com>.
try adding <t:messages globalOnly="false" /> to the "from" page to see
if there are JSF messages.