Posted to users@wicket.apache.org by Edwin Ansicodd <er...@gmail.com> on 2009/03/18 18:42:50 UTC

newSession() not being called

have a SpringWebApplication with overridden newSession, but for some reason
newSession is not being called.  Have closed browsers and started new
browsers, authenticating, but newSession in the WebApplication is not being
called.

What does this mean?  Anyone have any ideas what might be wrong?

Re: newSession() not being called

Posted by Igor Vaynberg <ig...@gmail.com>.
a session object is created for every request, stateless or not. for
stateless requests the session object is not put into the permanent
session store (httpsession usually) - that is the difference.

-igor

Posted by Edwin Ansicodd <er...@gmail.com>.
How can I tell if my pages are stateless or not?

They have forms on them.

I am using links in the format :

BookmarkablePageLink("InfoPageLink", InfoPage.class));

and setResponsePage in the format:

setResponsePage( new BlattPage( pp) );

Posted by James Carman <ja...@carmanconsulting.com>.

----------------------------------...

Re: newSession() not being called

Posted by Edwin Ansicodd <er...@gmail.com>.

Posted by James Carman <jc...@carmanconsulting.com>.

Posted by Edwin Ansicodd <er...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Igor Vaynberg <ig...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Anton Veretennikov <an...@gmail.com>.
May be your web.xml have wrong WicketApplication attached?

	<filter>
		<filter-name>wicket.FILTERNAME</filter-name>
 		<filter-class>org.apache.wicket.protocol.http.WicketFilter</filter-class>
		<init-param>
			<param-name>applicationClassName</param-name>
			<param-value>*************YOUR WicketApplication</param-value>
 		</init-param>
    <init-param>
      <param-name>configuration</param-name>