Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Jonas Eckerman <jo...@frukt.org> on 2003/12/16 22:18:15 UTC

Re: [users@httpd] Executing CGI Scripts that have no File Extension in Apache 1.3

On Tue, 16 Dec 2003 15:07:21 -0800, cebast@bellsouth.net wrote:

>  I have exhausted myself trying to figure out how to get CGI
>  scripts to execute under Apache 1.3 that do not have a file
>  extension.

What operating system?

If you're running a Unix, Linux or similar, the file extension should be quite unimportant, but make sure the CGI has execute permission for the web server.

What happens when you execute the CGI from the commandline?

>  http://yourserver/cgi-bin/broker?

>  ScriptAlias /cgi-bin/        "/webserver/cgi-bin/"

As long "/webserver/cgi-bin/" is the correct *local* *filesystem* path to the directory where your CGI is located, that seems fine.

/Jonas

--
Jonas Eckerman, jonas_lists@frukt.org
http://www.fsdb.org/

Re: [users@httpd] Executing CGI Scripts that have no File Extension in Apache 1.3

Posted by Eelco Alosery <in...@multi-graphics.nl>.
Do you have the foloing ling in the uotput of the cgi script:

print "Content-type: text/html\n\n";

If you dont have it, that coult be the problem for you

Op 16-dec-03 om 22:18 heeft Jonas Eckerman het volgende geschreven: