Posted to dev@ofbiz.apache.org by Hans Bakker <ma...@antwebsystems.com> on 2011/10/28 14:29:42 UTC

Re: latest trunk code is broken (NOT!)

Dear mister Wai?

there is a nice README file in the ofbiz home directory?

if you follow its directions everything is fine.

we are very keen to repair anything that is blocking within hours...

and sure this is not a blocking problem?

Regards,
Hans

Posted by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com>.
From: "Micah" <mm...@yahoo.com>
> Wai <bzb.ofbiz <at> gmail.com> writes:
>

>> Hello Hans, All,
>>
>> Sorry for the false alarm.
>>
>> I "have" read the ofbiz README file. I "do" run a "./ant run-install" during
>> the first trunk checkout.  Subsequently all svn updates to my working copy,
>> I use the "./ant refresh" to recompile.
>>
>> It has not caused me any problems until this incident.
>>
>> When I run "./ant refresh" on ofbiz using derby database, I do see that the
>> derby database files are deleted.  So running "./startofbiz.sh" after that
>> would cause ofbiz to recreate the database tables.
>>
>> Perhaps this was one of those rare glitches that take place somewhere during
>> the workflow starting from the "svn update" command.
>>
>> But all works fine now.
>>
>> Thanks all for helping.
>> Wai
>>
>> PS: Hans, my first name is Wai.  No need to address me as Mister....I'm just
>> a simple working stiff
>>
>> --
>>

> Hello,
>  I too ran into this error when installing the demo on Ubuntu 12.04 using the
> "Quick & Easy Setup" instructions found on this page:
> https://cwiki.apache.org/OFBADMIN/demo-and-test-setup-guide.html
>
> The demo data was not installed using these instructions.
>
> Subsequently, after following the readme instructions, everything was fine.
>
> Micah

Thanks for report,

We will have a look at it...
Could you give more details on your experience?

Jacques

Re: latest trunk code is broken (NOT!)

Posted by Micah <mm...@yahoo.com>.