Posted to modperl@perl.apache.org by andrewl <an...@hostahaven.com> on 2001/01/06 23:18:32 UTC

ap_ctx_get with libperl.so problem.

This is definitely related to libperl.so ... When I comment out
LoadModule perl_module modules/libperl.so
in httpd.conf, then apache will start.  Unfortunately, I'd like to get
mod_perl working.

Does anyone know about this ap_ctx_get?   I understand that there could
be a bug in another module that I am loading infront of libperl.so, but
which one?

Andrew L.

Re: ap_ctx_get with libperl.so problem.

Posted by Andrew Ho <an...@tellme.com>.
Hello,

AL>This is definitely related to libperl.so ... When I comment out
AL>LoadModule perl_module modules/libperl.so
AL>in httpd.conf, then apache will start.  Unfortunately, I'd like to get
AL>mod_perl working.
AL>
AL>Does anyone know about this ap_ctx_get?   I understand that there could
AL>be a bug in another module that I am loading infront of libperl.so, but
AL>which one?

This sounds like a DSO loading problem. Are you on Solaris? It's been my
experience that on Solaris, loading mod_perl as a DSO (especially if your
Perl already has a libperl.so) is usually a disaster. On our Solaris x86
boxen, we statically compile in mod_perl.

The ap_ctx_get was one of our core dumps (I don't remember which
permutation of mod_perl as DSO or Perl with shared libperl.so this was,
sorry). Others included failed calls to top_module.

Humbly,

Andrew

Andrew Ho               http://www.tellme.com/       andrew@tellme.com
Engineer                   info@tellme.com          Voice 650-930-9062
Tellme Networks, Inc.       1-800-555-TELL            Fax 650-930-9101