Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Evan Rempel <er...@uvic.ca> on 2022/03/01 16:47:17 UTC

RE: [ANN] Apache Tomcat 8.5.76 available

The JMX remote for Tomcat 8.5.76 is not in the download folder. I just
get 404 errors when trying to download it.

On 2022/02/28 22:10:47 Christopher Schultz wrote:
 > The Apache Tomcat team announces the immediate availability of Apache
 > Tomcat 8.5.76.
 >
 > Apache Tomcat 8 is an open source software implementation of the Java
 > Servlet, JavaServer Pages, Java Unified Expression Language, Java
 > WebSocket and Java Authentication Service Provider Interface for
 > Containers technologies.
 >
 > Apache Tomcat 8.5.76 is a bugfix and feature release. The notable
 > changes compared to 8.5.75 include:
 >
 > - Correct a regression in the fix for 65454 that meant that
 > minSpareThreads and maxThreads settings were ignored when the
 > Connector used an internal executor
 >
 > - Improve the detection of the Linux duplicate accept bug and reduce
 > (hopefully avoid) instances of false positives.
 >
 > - Back-port fixes for BZ 65408 to refactor socket-close operations
 > to improve resilience when objects are re-used by applications.
 >
 > Along with lots of other bug fixes and improvements.
 >
 > Please refer to the change log for the complete list of changes:
 > http://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-8.5-doc/changelog.html
 >
 > Downloads:
 > http://tomcat.apache.org/download-80.cgi
 >
 > Migration guides from Apache Tomcat 7.x and 8.0.x:
 > http://tomcat.apache.org/migration.html
 >
 > Enjoy!
 >
 > - The Apache Tomcat team

Evan Rempel                                         250.721.7691
Senior Systems Administrator                     erempel@uvic.ca
Data Centre Services, University Systems, University of Victoria

Re: [ANN] Apache Tomcat 8.5.76 available

Posted by Evan Rempel <er...@uvic.ca>.
Thanks. That change log entry was for 8.5.75 and the
catalina-jmx-remote.jar file was still available in that release.

There was no change log entry for 8.5.76 regarding this so I was confused.

Thanks again.

Evan

Posted by Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org>.