Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Hongsong Zhou <Ho...@UTSouthwestern.edu> on 2004/09/07 22:45:08 UTC

Tomcat 5.5.0 Shared classes does not work

I installed tomcat 5.5.0 and put some classes in
$CATALINA_HOME$/shared/classes, but when I try to use them in my
webapps, it always said class not found. I checked classloader document
at
http://jakarta.apache.org/tomcat/tomcat-5.5-doc/class-loader-howto.html,
nothing is wrong. I use these in tomcat 4 and tomcat 5.0.19, all works
fine.

Re: Tomcat 5.5.0 Shared classes does not work

Posted by Remy Maucherat <re...@gmail.com>.
On Tue, 07 Sep 2004 15:45:08 -0500, Hongsong Zhou
<ho...@utsouthwestern.edu> wrote:
> I installed tomcat 5.5.0 and put some classes in
> $CATALINA_HOME$/shared/classes, but when I try to use them in my
> webapps, it always said class not found. I checked classloader document
> at
> http://jakarta.apache.org/tomcat/tomcat-5.5-doc/class-loader-howto.html,
> nothing is wrong. I use these in tomcat 4 and tomcat 5.0.19, all works
> fine.

It's an early alpha build, so I suppose something could be bad with
the initialization of the classloader (it did change: we're now using
a standard URL classloader for that). If you jar your classes and put
the jar in shared/lib, does it work ?

--
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Rémy Maucherat