Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by "Szegedi, Attila" <sz...@scriptum.hu> on 2001/06/28 12:35:28 UTC

Using Tomcat/IIS trashes Content-Type?

Hi all,

I'm using a system where two servers running in two Tomcats on different
machines talk to each other via HTTP. HTTP payload is digitally signed
serialized Java objects for which I use a proprietary MIME type
"application/x-hu-scriptum-rpc-AuthenticatedCall". When the two Tomcats
communicate straight, no problems occur. However, if a message receiving
Tomcat is hidden behind Microsoft IIS using the connector provided with
Tomcat 3.2.1, suddenly the received message has its content-type changed to
"application/x-www-form-urlencoded".

Anyone experienced such behavior before?

Attila.