Posted to user@hive.apache.org by "kulkarni.swarnim@gmail.com" <ku...@gmail.com> on 2012/05/07 16:00:59 UTC

Exception while running simple hive query

I created a very simple hive table and then ran the following query that
should run a M/R job to return the results.

hive> SELECT COUNT(*) FROM invites;

But I am getting the following exception:

java.io.FileNotFoundException: File does not exist:
/Users/testuser/hive-0.9.0/lib/hive-builtins-0.9.0.jar

at
org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.DistributedFileSystem.getFileStatus(DistributedFileSystem.java:722)

at
org.apache.hadoop.mapreduce.filecache.ClientDistributedCacheManager.getFileStatus(ClientDistributedCacheManager.java:208)

at
org.apache.hadoop.mapreduce.filecache.ClientDistributedCacheManager.determineTimestamps(ClientDistributedCacheManager.java:71)

at
org.apache.hadoop.mapreduce.JobSubmitter.copyAndConfigureFiles(JobSubmitter.java:246)

at
org.apache.hadoop.mapreduce.JobSubmitter.copyAndConfigureFiles(JobSubmitter.java:284)

at
org.apache.hadoop.mapreduce.JobSubmitter.submitJobInternal(JobSubmitter.java:355)

at org.apache.hadoop.mapreduce.Job$11.run(Job.java:1221)

at org.apache.hadoop.mapreduce.Job$11.run(Job.java:1218)

When I go to the given location, the jar does exist. It seems like somehow
it is searching for the jar in HDFS instead of the local file system. Any
suggestions on what I could be possible missing? My hadoop version is 0.23.

Re: Exception while running simple hive query

Posted by "kulkarni.swarnim@gmail.com" <ku...@gmail.com>.
Thanks Shashwat.

That did work. However I do find this behavior very weird that it is able
to find all other libs at their proper location on local filesystem but
searches for this particular one on HDFS. I'll try to dig deeper into the
code to see if I can find a cause for this happening.

On Mon, May 7, 2012 at 2:12 PM, shashwat shriparv <dwivedishashwat@gmail.com

--
Swarnim

Re: Exception while running simple hive query

Posted by shashwat shriparv <dw...@gmail.com>.

--

∞
Shashwat Shriparv

Re: Exception while running simple hive query

Posted by "kulkarni.swarnim@gmail.com" <ku...@gmail.com>.
Thanks for the reply.

--
Swarnim

Re: Exception while running simple hive query

Posted by hadoop hive <ha...@gmail.com>.
check for the permission..