Posted to dev@maven.apache.org by Nathan Coast <na...@codeczar.com> on 2004/09/20 15:55:13 UTC

codeczar plugins

Hi,

there are a few plugins on the codeczar website.  At the moment I'm pointing people to an
email address for support.  I'd like to change this to direct people to the maven users
list.  I could create a mail list at codeczar but I don't think this is such a good idea.
1) people have to register with multiple mail lists to ask maven questions
2) issues will reach a wider audience with the maven users list.

Anyway I wanted to run this by the dev list to check its ok before I go ahead and change
the docs.

btw finally got a scarab install to track issues for the maven plugins at codeczar.
http://www.codeczar.com/tomcat/scarab/issues

cheers
Nathan

Re: codeczar plugins

Posted by Jason van Zyl <jv...@maven.org>.
On Tue, 2004-09-21 at 00:32, Nathan Coast wrote:
> no problem, I'll create a mailing list.  I don't want to go against the norm for the
> community.  The last thing I want to do is p1ss off the maven dev team, you guys do a
> great job.

Can't you partner with an existing group like the folks at SF that have
a collection of plugins?

> cheers
> Nathan
>
> Jason van Zyl wrote:
>
> > On Mon, 2004-09-20 at 09:55, Nathan Coast wrote:
> >
> >>Hi,
> >>
> >>there are a few plugins on the codeczar website.  At the moment I'm pointing people to an
> >>email address for support.  I'd like to change this to direct people to the maven users
> >>list.
> >

> > Please don't do that. They are not plugins that are housed in our CVS
> > and not plugins that any committer maintains so I don't think it
> > appropriate that users of your plugins are directed here where you are
> > the only one who will answer.
> >

> >>I could create a mail list at codeczar but I don't think this is such a good idea.
> >>1) people have to register with multiple mail lists to ask maven questions
> >>2) issues will reach a wider audience with the maven users list.
> >>
> >>Anyway I wanted to run this by the dev list to check its ok before I go ahead and change
> >>the docs.
> >>
> >>btw finally got a scarab install to track issues for the maven plugins at codeczar.
> >>http://www.codeczar.com/tomcat/scarab/issues
> >>
> >>cheers
> >>Nathan

jvz.