Posted to dev@sling.apache.org by Bertrand Delacretaz <bd...@apache.org> on 2008/06/05 08:43:31 UTC

How to check the release artifacts (was: [VOTE] Release Sling Artifacts)

Hi,

Thanks Carsten for preparing the release!

On Wed, Jun 4, 2008 at 7:51 PM, Carsten Ziegeler <cz...@apache.org> wrote:
> ...I've put all release artifacts here:

That's a lot, and I'm wondering how to check all that - comments below.

> ...The releases (source archives) are in
> http://people.apache.org/~cziegeler/releases/sling/releases..

Here the goal is to check that the contents match what's tagged with
the same release number under
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/sling/tags/, right?

> ...For convenience we built binary distributions:
> http://people.apache.org/~cziegeler/releases/sling/binaries...

One way to check this might be to first test the launchpad webapp
(launch it and run the integration tests from the tagged source code),
then remove all bundles, replace them by the downloaded binaries, and
run the tests again.

However, org.apache.sling.launchpad.webapp-2.0.0-incubator-bin.tar.gz
there does not contain the launchpad war file, where should I find it?

> ...and all the maven artifacts:
> http://people.apache.org/~cziegeler/releases/sling/maven..

I guess the way to test them would be the same as above.

> ...The KEYS file to check my signature is at
> http://people.apache.org/~cziegeler/releases/sling/...

Could we add a KEYS file to our trunk for this?

And of course, another part in checking the release is verifying
signatures and md5 and sha1 digests of the artifacts.

-Bertrand

Re: How to check the release artifacts (was: [VOTE] Release Sling Artifacts)

Posted by Felix Meschberger <fm...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Am Donnerstag, den 05.06.2008, 08:53 +0200 schrieb Carsten Ziegeler:
> Bertrand Delacretaz wrote:
> > Here the goal is to check that the contents match what's tagged with
> > the same release number under
> > http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/sling/tags/, right?
> >
> Yes, and to make sure that everything is correct from a legal pov.
>
> > However, org.apache.sling.launchpad.webapp-2.0.0-incubator-bin.tar.gz
> > there does not contain the launchpad war file, where should I find it?
> Ah ok, so the webapp-bin is useless then, we might just drop it from the
> list. The war is in the maven artifacts directory.

I think the webapp-bin should contain the war file and not just the
sources.

Regards
Felix

Posted by Carsten Ziegeler <cz...@apache.org>.