Posted to dev@logging.apache.org by Dominik Psenner <dp...@gmail.com> on 2017/11/18 16:47:56 UTC

lognet license file

Hi,

I just noticed that the log4net license file reads as

[...]
Copyright [yyyy] [name of copyright owner]
[...]

Should we fix that? If we fix that, what should we fix that to?

[1] https://github.com/apache/logging-log4net/blob/c04a774240fd4500ed3206124aba5b4bc8bc4933/LICENSE#L189

--
Dominik Psenner

Re: lognet license file

Posted by Stefan Bodewig <bo...@apache.org>.
On 2017-11-18, Dominik Psenner wrote:

> I just noticed that the log4net license file reads as

> [...]
> Copyright [yyyy] [name of copyright owner]
> [...]

> Should we fix that?

No, this is correct. This is part of the appendix that explains how to
apply the Apache Software License to your own product which of course
wouldn't by copyright by the ASF.

log4net's copyright notice is inside the NOTICE file.

Stefan