Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by "Rode González (libnova)" <ro...@libnova.es> on 2011/06/22 17:29:43 UTC

response time for pdf indexing

Hi !

We are using Zend Search based on Lucene. Our indexing pdf consultations
take longer than 2 seconds.

We want to change to solr to try to solve this problem.

i. Can anyone tell me the response time for querys on pdf documents on solr?

ii. Can anyone tell me some strategies to reduce this response time?

Note: the pdf is not indexed in a simple way. The pdf is converted to text
previously and then, indexed with some additional information needed.

Thank you.

---

Rode González

  _____

No se encontraron virus en este mensaje.
Comprobado por AVG - www.avg.com
Versión: 10.0.1382 / Base de datos de virus: 1513/3719 - Fecha de
publicación: 06/22/11

Re: response time for pdf indexing

Posted by simon <mt...@gmail.com>.
How long are the documents ? indexing a large document can be slow
(although 2 seconds is very slow indeed).

Posted by Steven A Rowe <sa...@syr.edu>.
Hi Rode,

Have you seen http://wiki.apache.org/solr/SolrPerformanceFactors ?

Steve