Posted to users@openoffice.apache.org by "mrsh1227@outlook.com" <mr...@outlook.com> on 2018/09/26 20:29:59 UTC

how to password protect a file saved as .doc

Is there any way to save a .doc (Word) file and have it be password protected?

Re: how to password protect a file saved as .doc

Posted by Martin Groenescheij <ma...@groenescheij.com>.

On 27/9/18 6:29 am, mrsh1227@outlook.com wrote:
> Is there any way to save a .doc (Word) file and have it be password protected?

Yes there is a way, assuming you use OpenOffice and use the Save As
function at the bottom
of the menu there is an option to Save with password.
But I don't understand why you want to save as a .doc (Word) document.
Exporting to PDF will protect updates from unauthorized users.