Posted to dev@lucene.apache.org by Erick Erickson <er...@gmail.com> on 2014/09/03 22:31:52 UTC

SOLR-5322 and resource loading question

As part of this JIRA I added a test to see if the root directory
exists at all and throw an error if so.

Unfortunately, this causes TestCoreContainer.testCustomHandlers to
fail because there _is_ no directory to test, this:

    SolrResourceLoader loader = new SolrResourceLoader("solr/collection1");
    ConfigSolr config = ConfigSolr.fromString(loader, CUSTOM_HANDLERS_SOLR_XML);

    CoreContainer cc = new CoreContainer(loader, config);
    try {
      cc.load();

and "solr/collection1" hasn't been created. So my question is whether
it's ever legitimate to have a _real_ solr installation without having
a solr home directory, in which case I need revert throwing the error

or

whether I just need to fix the test in TestCoreContainer, which I can
do pretty easily.

Thanks,
Erick