Posted to general@lucene.apache.org by Uwe Schindler <uw...@thetaphi.de> on 2009/12/08 19:05:29 UTC

[VOTE] Push fast-vector-highlighter mvn artifacts for 3.0.0 and 2.9.1

Sorry,

I initially didn't want to start a vote, as Grant only proposed to "maybe
start one". But nobody responded (esp. to the questions in this mail) I ask
again, an I will start the vote for now.

Please vote, that the missing artifacts for of fast-verctor-highlighter of
Lucene Java 2.9.1 and 3.0.0 should be pushed to repoX.maven.org.

You can find the artifacts here:
http://people.apache.org/~uschindler/staging-area/

This dir contains only the maven folder to be copied to maven-rsync dir on
p.a.o. The top-level version in the maven metadata is 3.0.0, which conforms
to the current state on maven (so during merging both folders during build,
I set preference to metadata.xml of 3.0.0).

All files are signed by my PGP key (even the 2.9.1 ones; that release was
originally built by Mike McCandless).

What I additionally found out until now (because Simon nagged me):

If you compare the JAR files inside the binary ZIP file from the apache
archive and the JAR files directly published on maven (for the other
contribs), the MD5s/SHA1s are different even as they are created from the
same source code (because the timestamps inside the JAR are different, for
2.9.1 another JDK compiler/platform was used). This interestingly does not
apply to lucene-core.jar in 3.0. Because of that I see no problem with this
maven release, even that they are not the orginal JAR files from the binary
distrib.

What is not nice, is that the svn revision number in the manifest is
different, but else is exactly the same, see my comments below in earlier
mails about changing the ant script for showing the SVN rev of the last
changed file.

So if nobody objects to release these rebuild jar files, all signed by my
key, I would like to simply put them on the maven-rsync folder.

Uwe

-----
Uwe Schindler
H.-H.-Meier-Allee 63, D-28213 Bremen
http://www.thetaphi.de
Posted by Grant Ingersoll <gs...@apache.org>.
+1

On Dec 8, 2009, at 1:05 PM, Uwe Schindler wrote:

> Sorry,
>
> I initially didn't want to start a vote, as Grant only proposed to "maybe
> start one". But nobody responded (esp. to the questions in this mail) I ask
> again, an I will start the vote for now.

> Please vote, that the missing artifacts for of fast-verctor-highlighter of
> Lucene Java 2.9.1 and 3.0.0 should be pushed to repoX.maven.org.
>
> You can find the artifacts here:
> http://people.apache.org/~uschindler/staging-area/
>
> This dir contains only the maven folder to be copied to maven-rsync dir on
> p.a.o. The top-level version in the maven metadata is 3.0.0, which conforms
> to the current state on maven (so during merging both folders during build,
> I set preference to metadata.xml of 3.0.0).
>
> All files are signed by my PGP key (even the 2.9.1 ones; that release was
> originally built by Mike McCandless).
>
> What I additionally found out until now (because Simon nagged me):
>
> If you compare the JAR files inside the binary ZIP file from the apache
> archive and the JAR files directly published on maven (for the other
> contribs), the MD5s/SHA1s are different even as they are created from the
> same source code (because the timestamps inside the JAR are different, for
> 2.9.1 another JDK compiler/platform was used). This interestingly does not
> apply to lucene-core.jar in 3.0. Because of that I see no problem with this
> maven release, even that they are not the orginal JAR files from the binary
> distrib.
>
> What is not nice, is that the svn revision number in the manifest is
> different, but else is exactly the same, see my comments below in earlier
> mails about changing the ant script for showing the SVN rev of the last
> changed file.
>
> So if nobody objects to release these rebuild jar files, all signed by my
> key, I would like to simply put them on the maven-rsync folder.
>
> Uwe
>
> -----
> Uwe Schindler
> H.-H.-Meier-Allee 63, D-28213 Bremen
> http://www.thetaphi.de

--------------------------
Grant Ingersoll
http://www.lucidimagination.com/

Search the Lucene ecosystem (Lucene/Solr/Nutch/Mahout/Tika/Droids) using Solr/Lucene:

Posted by Uwe Schindler <uw...@thetaphi.de>.
Yeah thanks,

I forget to add also general@lao to the TO line...

-----

Posted by Michael McCandless <lu...@mikemccandless.com>.
+1

Posted by Ted Dunning <te...@gmail.com>.
+1

On Tue, Dec 8, 2009 at 10:05 AM, Uwe Schindler <uw...@thetaphi.de> wrote:

> Sorry,
>
> I initially didn't want to start a vote, as Grant only proposed to "maybe
> start one". But nobody responded (esp. to the questions in this mail) I ask
> again, an I will start the vote for now.

> Please vote, that the missing artifacts for of fast-verctor-highlighter of
> Lucene Java 2.9.1 and 3.0.0 should be pushed to repoX.maven.org.
>
> You can find the artifacts here:
> http://people.apache.org/~uschindler/staging-area/<http://people.apache.org/%7Euschindler/staging-area/>
>
> This dir contains only the maven folder to be copied to maven-rsync dir on
> p.a.o. The top-level version in the maven metadata is 3.0.0, which conforms
> to the current state on maven (so during merging both folders during build,
> I set preference to metadata.xml of 3.0.0).
>
> All files are signed by my PGP key (even the 2.9.1 ones; that release was
> originally built by Mike McCandless).

> What I additionally found out until now (because Simon nagged me):
>
> If you compare the JAR files inside the binary ZIP file from the apache
> archive and the JAR files directly published on maven (for the other
> contribs), the MD5s/SHA1s are different even as they are created from the
> same source code (because the timestamps inside the JAR are different, for
> 2.9.1 another JDK compiler/platform was used). This interestingly does not
> apply to lucene-core.jar in 3.0. Because of that I see no problem with this
> maven release, even that they are not the orginal JAR files from the binary
> distrib.
>
> What is not nice, is that the svn revision number in the manifest is
> different, but else is exactly the same, see my comments below in earlier
> mails about changing the ant script for showing the SVN rev of the last
> changed file.
>
> So if nobody objects to release these rebuild jar files, all signed by my
> key, I would like to simply put them on the maven-rsync folder.
>
> Uwe
>
> -----
> Uwe Schindler
> H.-H.-Meier-Allee 63, D-28213 Bremen