Posted to bsf-dev@jakarta.apache.org by "Rony G. Flatscher" <Ro...@wu-wien.ac.at> on 2006/10/24 08:49:59 UTC

Re: bfs user list archive not working

Hi Sonny,
> The BFS user list archive linked at
> http://jakarta.apache.org/site/mail2.html#BSF
> does not seem to work.  Can someone fix it?
Tsk, tsk, you find places!
;)

Seriously, I did not even know that area, let alone know how to fix it,
short of any real knowledge about the Apache setup. This has been
actually the main problem in the past that no one has a real working
overview of where which files are located, so it has been taking quite
some time to even get the distribution done and also update the WWW-site.

Thankfully Sanka has been tackling this area, so maybe he can locate the
error and the true location of the archives. If there is no archive, I
would have the messages for the past two, three years (there were just a
few).

> I think its important to get it fix so that people can search for
> solution to their problems as its related to BSF. I was turned off
> from using BSF in a project a few years ago because the project looked
> like it was dead because there seem to be no activity on the mailing
> list for years.
Unfortunate, but clear! Luckily you still came back and have been
starting to use it!

Maybe you could take a look at the present FAQ and point out
shortcomings in it from your point of view?

Regards,

---rony

Posted by "Rony G. Flatscher" <Ro...@wu-wien.ac.at>.
Hi Sonny,
> just looked at it again (after sending my last post I got a vague idea
> that the URL may be mistyped), actually it is a typo in the URL. It
> should read: <http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/jakarta-bsf-user/>.

The URL got corrected and

>>> The BFS user list archive linked at
>>> http://jakarta.apache.org/site/mail2.html#BSF
>>> does not seem to work.  Can someone fix it?
now it should be o.k.

Regards,

---rony

Posted by "Rony G. Flatscher" <Ro...@wu-wien.ac.at>.