Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by Laures <ba...@googlemail.com> on 2012/02/20 14:10:10 UTC

Network of Brokers dropps messages if a hop fails

Hi,

following scenario:

Broker A and B form a network of brokers. The consumer connects to B all
messages are send to A. If B throws "Recource allocation exceptions" when a
tries to route a message this message will be dropped.

for me this is very unexpected. is this an intended behavior and can it be
influenced in any way? i don't want to loose messages because of that.

Greetings,
Alexander

Re: Network of Brokers dropps messages if a hop fails

Posted by Torsten Mielke <to...@fusesource.com>.
Hello,

Its my understanding that the bridge connection between two brokers does not use transactions and hence once the msg is received by the peer broker, it needs to deal with it. There is no way to roll back the msg back to the original broker.
It should be the same behavior with a single broker. If you run out of physical disk space, the broker may not be able to handle the msg correctly.

Best Regards,

Torsten Mielke
torsten@fusesource.com
tmielke@blogspot.com

Posted by Laures <ba...@googlemail.com>.
the later. temp space is full.

Re: Network of Brokers dropps messages if a hop fails

Posted by Torsten Mielke <to...@fusesource.com>.
Hi Alexander,

Whats the full error raised?
Are you hitting any JVM limits or running out of disk space on the store?

Regards,
Torsten Mielke

Posted by Torsten Mielke <to...@fusesource.com>.
Hello,

In my reply I was assuming you're running out of physical disk space without hitting the configured tempUsage limit.
Should have made this more clear.

Posted by Laures <ba...@googlemail.com>.
so the behavior i am experiencing is (or for trunk was) a bug?

Re: Network of Brokers dropps messages if a hop fails

Posted by Gary Tully <ga...@gmail.com>.
This is fixed on trunk by

http://fusesource.com
http://blog.garytully.com