Posted to dev@taverna.apache.org by Stian Soiland-Reyes <st...@apache.org> on 2015/06/11 16:48:03 UTC

[VOTE] Release Apache Taverna Language 0.15.0-incubating RC2

I am pleased to be calling this vote for the source release of

  Apache Taverna Maven Parent 1-incubating
  Apache Taverna Language 0.15.0-incubating

Apache Taverna Language is a set of APIs for workflow definitions (SCUFL2)
and workflow inputs/outputs/run (DataBundle), as consumed and produced by the
Apache Taverna workflow system. The API includes support for working with
Research Object Bundles, and loading/saving Taverna workflows in different
formats.

The release candidates to be voted over are available at:

  https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/incubator/taverna/source/taverna-parent-1-incubating-RC2/
  https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/incubator/taverna/source/taverna-language-0.15.0-incubating-RC2/

  SHA-1 checksums:
  8199880048a59cde622e0caa24c3bc3d83bc5d5a
taverna-parent-1-incubating-source-release.zip
  7032e9d2be834f7c029aae562b62613481bf6939
taverna-language-0.15.0-incubating-source-release.zip

  MD5 checksums:
  7f9b107b9f1dc0407783ac0ad484d6ea
taverna-parent-1-incubating-source-release.zip
  35d3085b596b2dd4b30a0234259efade
taverna-language-0.15.0-incubating-source-release.zip

Build the release candidate in the above order, using:

    mvn clean install

The release candidates correspond to the following git commits:

  https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=incubator-taverna-maven-parent.git;a=commit;h=3ba669c78782d3fc3b548e2a512d201ee922b34a
  https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=incubator-taverna-language.git;a=commit;h=3340e2090e604b40ac0b88675f57c1d12032d060

Release candidates are signed with a GPG key available at:

  https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/release/incubator/taverna/KEYS

A staged Maven repository is available for review at:

  https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachetaverna-1003/

The changelog for this release is available from JIRA:

  https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=12318322&version=12332247
  https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=12318322&version=12332246

Please vote on releasing these packages as:

  Apache Taverna Maven Parent 1-incubating
  Apache Taverna Language 0.1.0-incubating

The vote is open for at least 72 hours and passes if a
majority of at least three +1 Apache Taverna PPMC votes are cast.

[ ] +1 Release this package
[ ]  0 I don't feel strongly about it, but don't object

Anyone can participate in testing and voting, not just
committers, please feel free to try out the release candidate
and provide your votes.

(Before anyone asks, RC1 was a release candidate tag I dropped as it
used an older Apache super-pom)

--
Stian Soiland-Reyes
Apache Taverna (incubating)

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Taverna Language 0.15.0-incubating RC2

Posted by Stian Soiland-Reyes <st...@apache.org>.
Note - PPMC members can't just throw a blind +1 vote, you need to
download, verify and test.

This release is just a Java library, the Taverna Language command line
tool is being developed by Manaka Madushanka as a GSOC project. You do
not need to test it API-wise (that should be done by the unit tests).

See check lists for testing:

http://incubator.apache.org/guides/releasemanagement.html#check-list
http://incubator.apache.org/guides/releasemanagement.html#best-practice

Here's an example of testing I did for a different incubator release:
http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/incubator-general/201502.mbox/%3CCAMBJEmU--FN1A2KSUpWgyKckTJ3j6HF5OES55S6kVSpbsCRFZw%40mail.gmail.com%3E

Posted by Stian Soiland-Reyes <st...@apache.org>.
On 12 June 2015 at 19:28, Andy Seaborne <an...@apache.org> wrote:

> It's important NOTICE be minimal.  LICENSE can contain more material.
> Nowadays, "include the license" (in LICENSE) can be done with links.

Agreed on this approach - it reduces the viral effect of NOTICE.

I might have time to change this until next week.

> Like some of the N&L generators, they do simpel cases but for anythign else,
> it'll need proper files.  Probably if you put a DISCLAIMER into git, it'll
> use that.
>> DEPENDENCIES is also auto-generated by apache-jar-resource-bundle.

You are right - that overrides it.

>>> Release candidates are signed with a GPG key available at:
>>>
>>>   https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/release/incubator/taverna/KEYS
> I really wish I had time to make a technical contribution to Taverna but
> that's unlikely.  Please remove my key.

The KEYS was generated from https://people.apache.org/keys/group/taverna.asc
which seems to include you.

http://taverna.staging.apache.org/community/releasing#gpg-keys

I was hoping for not yet another thing to maintain manually..

Also https://www.apache.org/dev/release.html#what-must-every-release-contain
says:

> Folks who vote +1 for release may offer their own cryptographic signature to be concatenated with the detached signature file (at the Release Manager's discretion) prior to release.

so a mentor who signs +1 could add his signature. I haven't seen this
used in practice, though.

--
Stian Soiland-Reyes

Posted by Andy Seaborne <an...@apache.org>.
On 12/06/15 19:28, Andy Seaborne wrote:
> On 12/06/15 16:50, Stian Soiland-Reyes wrote:
>> Well, this is my take on "release early, release often" (although it
>> is not early. Taverna Language is ready to be released, as we have
>> already discussed several times on this list. It's a foundation for
>> the rest of Taverna 3.  There would probably be more releases of
>> Taverna Language later in summer/autumn, particularly to include the
>> Command Line tool from GSOC.
>
> Not sure what the point you're making is here.  My comments are intended
> to move the process forward and as first-time checking is time
> consuming, I makde some comments as early as I could.
>
> This isn't a challenge-response setup - you are allowed to help the
> reviewers check the files!
>
> It's important NOTICE be minimal.  LICENSE can contain more material.

See for example Marmotta.

The LICENSE is large, and NOTICE small.

> Nowadays, "include the license" (in LICENSE) can be done with links.

They choose into include the text, whereas other projects link to it.

> The CC licensed stuff basically says:
>
>> Attribution — You must give appropriate credit, provide a link to the license, and indicate if changes were made. You may do so in any reasonable manner, but not in any way that suggests the licensor endorses you or your use.
>
> which an entry in NOTICE should suffice, but additionally here as well
> I added copyright headers if it was missing.

On reflection, I think that can go in LICENSE to keep NOTICE minimal.

	Andy

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Taverna Language 0.15.0-incubating RC2

Posted by Andy Seaborne <an...@apache.org>.
> Well, this is my take on "release early, release often" (although it
> is not early. Taverna Language is ready to be released, as we have
> already discussed several times on this list. It's a foundation for
> the rest of Taverna 3.  There would probably be more releases of
> Taverna Language later in summer/autumn, particularly to include the
> Command Line tool from GSOC.

Not sure what the point you're making is here.  My comments are intended
to move the process forward and as first-time checking is time
consuming, I makde some comments as early as I could.

This isn't a challenge-response setup - you are allowed to help the
reviewers check the files!

It's important NOTICE be minimal.  LICENSE can contain more material.

Nowadays, "include the license" (in LICENSE) can be done with links.

> Going through, and as far as I can tell, none of the notices listed
> require their license text to be implicitly bundled or mentioned in
> such LICENSE. The  individual 'foreign' files have corresponding
> copyright headers - see rat excludes in pom.xml

And you are not shipping anything else?

> The W3C license have:

http://www.w3.org/Consortium/Legal/2015/doc-license

It seems by linking to be retrospective
http://www.w3.org/Consortium/Legal/copyright-documents goes there now.

>> The materials contained in the Site may be downloaded or copied
>> provided that ALL copies retain the copyright and any other
>> proprietary notices contained on the materials. No material may be
>> modified, edited or taken out of context such that its use creates
>> a false or misleading statement or impression as to the positions,
>> statements or actions of W3C.

 From that text alone, I don't think that needs an entry in NOTICE - it
says that the original materials need to retain any copyright and any
other proprietary notices so where the original file is unchanged, there
is no need to be in NOTICE.

It's from the document license that there is:
"""
We request that authorship attribution be provided in any software
"""
and that suggests an entry in NOTICE.

> The only modifications to W3C files have been to *add* their copyright
> headers where it was just implicit from their parent specification,

always tricky when the input materials - I have seen LICENSE_README
and/or NOTICE files in the directories where a lot of W3C files are.

> e.g. compare http://www.w3.org/2001/xml.xsd (in the http tar-pit) and
> https://github.com/apache/incubator-taverna-language/blob/master/taverna-scufl2-schemas/src/main/resources/org/apache/taverna/scufl2/rdfxml/xsd/xml.xsd
>

> The CC licensed stuff basically says:
>
>> Attribution — You must give appropriate credit, provide a link to the license, and indicate if changes were made. You may do so in any reasonable manner, but not in any way that suggests the licensor endorses you or your use.
>
> which an entry in NOTICE should suffice, but additionally here as well
> I added copyright headers if it was missing.
>
> https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/3.0/legalcode says:
>
>> You must keep intact all notices that refer to this License and to the disclaimer of warranties with every copy of the Work You Distribute or Publicly Perform. When You Distribute or Publicly Perform the Work, You may not impose any effective technological measures on the Work that restrict the ability of a recipient of the Work from You to exercise the rights granted to that recipient under the terms of the License. This Section 4(a) applies to the Work as incorporated in a Collection, but this does not require the Collection apart from the Work itself to be made subject to the terms of this License.
>
> Here the Collection is the taverna-language source zip.
>

> The DISCLAIMER is auto-generated by
>
> <resourceBundle>org.apache:apache-incubator-disclaimer-resource-bundle:1.1</resourceBundle>
>
> the template picks up the <name> from pom.xml
> https://github.com/apache/incubator-taverna-maven-parent/blob/master/pom.xml#L278

Never trust the machines!

> Presumably the problem here is that we have multiple top-level
> projects. So should all the projects have the same DISCLAIMER with
> just "Apache Taverna is an effort .." instead?

Yes.

Like some of the N&L generators, they do simpel cases but for anythign
else, it'll need proper files.  Probably if you put a DISCLAIMER into
git, it'll use that.

As this is a do-once while in the incubator, it's not a burden.

> DEPENDENCIES is also auto-generated by apache-jar-resource-bundle.

Ditto - though I have not come across an autogenerator that did track
through the POM in any decent way.

Posted by Stian Soiland-Reyes <st...@apache.org>.

Posted by Andy Seaborne <an...@apache.org>.

Re: [] Release Apache Taverna Language 0.15.0-incubating RC2

Posted by Andy Seaborne <an...@apache.org>.
> I'm sorry, I have not yet had time to do your suggested changes to
> NOTICE and LICENSE and the other comments. I agree that to reduce
> NOTICE and grow LICENSE is good.

Sympathies - finding time is hard! (especially when it's sunny which is
is here ATM).  There is always the option of a quick message to say "ack
(PS I am time-poor at the moment)"

> Considering also the other comments from Alan and Christian, would it
> be best to pull this RC and try again?

It is a hard decision between early/often and not incurring more work
overall.  It's always been a case-by-case decision for me.

There is a community decision as to quality/timeliness/work items done
vs postponed.

My personal advice (which you can ignore!) at this stage is do much of
it properly this first time - taking time now to get the release tidy
saves time overall.  Maybe identify the next RM, document the process,
split the workload.

	Andy

Posted by Stian Soiland-Reyes <st...@apache.org>.

--
Stian Soiland-Reyes

Posted by Andy Seaborne <an...@apache.org>.
Some response on licensing but there were other points e.g. the
DISCLAIMER isn't right - relying on automatic determination isn't enough
- and NOTICE is required at the top of a git repo. DEPENDENCIES would be
nice as well.

More to the process point - there are now 2 +1 from the PPMC; that's not
very many out of 11.

PPMC - this is a step on the journey.  I hope you can find the time to
look at the release and vote. This is not a step for the mentors to vet
one persons work.

(Mentors - what say you to my comments? Other comments?)

	Andy

Posted by "Pierce, Marlon" <ma...@iu.edu>.

Posted by Andy Seaborne <an...@apache.org>.

Posted by Stian Soiland-Reyes <st...@apache.org>.
I struggled to remove DEPENDENCIES as it is injected in by the Apache
Commons parent assembly that builds source-release.zip

There seems to be some Maven bug in that the DEPENDENCIES of the first
non-pom module (scufl2-api) is used in the root project - thus the
source-release gets a non-sensical DEPENDENCIES.

Trying to modify the assembly, e.g. to exclude taverna-wfdesc turned
tricky - basically reconstructing the whole assembly from scratch. I
don't think we want to be maintaining that in our builds across all
our projects, so I have rather added a generic DEPENDENCIES to
override it:

stain@biggie-utopic:~/src/taverna/incubator-taverna-language$ cat DEPENDENCIES
Dependencies are declared within each Maven submodule.

See */target/classes/META-INF/DEPENDENCIES
after running: mvn process-resources

Posted by Ian Dunlop <Ia...@manchester.ac.uk>.
Hello,

+1

Release candidates downloaded from the supplied zip url and built using -

windows 7 x64
oracle jdk 1.8.0_45
apache maven 3.3.3

checks done -
sha1: good
md5: good
maven clean install: good

Cheers,

Ian

Posted by Andy Seaborne <an...@apache.org>.

Posted by Ian Dunlop <Ia...@manchester.ac.uk>.
Hello,

Re (2). There is probably too much low level information about maven in it. The first line pretty much covers it "Common Maven Parent for all the other Apache Taverna repositories.". Then it should say why you need to build this. Do I need to build this before other taverna things? Can I build the 'language' before this (answer: probably not but it's not obvious from the README)?

Cheers,

Ian

> I am pleased to be calling this vote for the source release of
>
>    Apache Taverna Maven Parent 1-incubating
>    Apache Taverna Language 0.15.0-incubating
>
> Apache Taverna Language is a set of APIs for workflow definitions
> (SCUFL2) and workflow inputs/outputs/run (DataBundle), as consumed and
> produced by the Apache Taverna workflow system. The API includes
> support for working with Research Object Bundles, and loading/saving
> Taverna workflows in different formats.

I checked the check sums and also compiled and installed both without problems. I have some minor issues:

(1) Is it normal that the NOTICE file should just be a listing? I'd have expected some context.

(2) I found the README.md of parent to be unhelpful.

> [ ] +1 Release this package
> [ ]  0 I don't feel strongly about it, but don't object [ ] -1 Do not
> release this package because...
>
> Anyone can participate in testing and voting, not just committers,
> please feel free to try out the release candidate and provide your
> votes.

+1 Non binding

> (Before anyone asks, RC1 was a release candidate tag I dropped as it
> used an older Apache super-pom)

Alan

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Taverna Language 0.15.0-incubating RC2

Posted by alaninmcr <al...@googlemail.com>.
> I am pleased to be calling this vote for the source release of
>
>    Apache Taverna Maven Parent 1-incubating
>    Apache Taverna Language 0.15.0-incubating
>
> Apache Taverna Language is a set of APIs for workflow definitions (SCUFL2)
> and workflow inputs/outputs/run (DataBundle), as consumed and produced by the
> Apache Taverna workflow system. The API includes support for working with
> Research Object Bundles, and loading/saving Taverna workflows in different
> formats.

I checked the check sums and also compiled and installed both without
problems. I have some minor issues:

(1) Is it normal that the NOTICE file should just be a listing? I'd have
expected some context.

(2) I found the README.md of parent to be unhelpful.

> [ ] +1 Release this package
> [ ]  0 I don't feel strongly about it, but don't object
>
> Anyone can participate in testing and voting, not just
> committers, please feel free to try out the release candidate
> and provide your votes.

+1 Non binding

Posted by Stian Soiland-Reyes <st...@apache.org>.
Christian,

Thanks for the review. Which hard-coded dependency numbers did you
find? Are the below all?

I think it is good (even recommended) to hard-code versions of plugins
in <build> - otherwise you might find that a future build will use a
later plugin that breaks something. I have added the plugin versions
to <pluginManagement> of taverna-maven-parent.

I fixed the jaxb inconsitency in taverna-scufl2-examples, and used
jena-arq instead of jena-osgi.jar (the OSGi bundle is not needed for
this command line tool). Menaka might want to check this as well.

The taverna-baclava-language is a new module Alan made for parsing
them (but not yet convert to RO Bundle).

Posted by Ian Dunlop <Ia...@manchester.ac.uk>.
Hello,

I'll probably use VIM :)

Cheers,

Ian

If you are fixing the version numbers, it is worth checking that they are the only strange ones. Last time I messed in this area, I had to use Perl :(

Alan

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Taverna Language 0.15.0-incubating RC2

Posted by Stian Soiland-Reyes <st...@apache.org>.
I don't see why Ian as a committer would need to do a pull request,
unless he is proposing a large change.

--
Stian Soiland-Reyes

Posted by alaninmcr <al...@googlemail.com>.
On 23/06/2015 15:57, Ian Dunlop wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Should I push any changes straight into master on the apache repos,
> go via github or some other mechanism? What is the Apache way?

You could commit to github and generate a pull request to the Apache repo.

> Cheers,
>
> Ian

Alan

RE: [VOTE] Release Apache Taverna Language 0.15.0-incubating RC2

Posted by Ian Dunlop <Ia...@manchester.ac.uk>.
Hello,

Posted by alaninmcr <al...@googlemail.com>.

Posted by alaninmcr <al...@googlemail.com>.
On 23/06/2015 15:24, Ian Dunlop wrote:
> Hello,
>
> So based on Christians comment I had a quick look. In
> taverna-scufl2-examples junit is 4.4, commons-io is 2.1 and jaxm-imp
> is 2.2.4-1. In taverna parent they are 4.11 and 2.4 and 2.2.11. There
> is also io.airlift 0.7 in taverna-language-commandline with no
> mention in the parent. Taverna-scufl2-wfdesc has a few dependencies
> with version numbers. Is there a reason for all this or just an
> oversight. I'm actually impressed that there are not more.

It should just be an oversight. If they do not run with the more recent
values then we may be in trouble. It should certainly be explicit that
they are not using the later versions.

For airlift, it looks like there is a 0.110 which is part of airbase 38
-see https://github.com/airlift/airlift/blob/0.110/pom.xml

> Is this a good enough reason to delay an incubator release?

I think they should be fixed.

> Cheers,
>
> Ian

Alan

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Taverna Language 0.15.0-incubating RC2

Posted by Stian Soiland-Reyes <st...@apache.org>.
the hard-coded versions in wfdesc are for sesame, right? They need to
be that particular version for Elmo compatibility - but sadly this
ancient Sesame is no longer officially available and needs to come
from the mirror in the myGrid Maven repository.  This is one reason
why I left wfdesc out of the normal build - so I would propose to not
review wfdesc.

Is there an easy way to exclude taverna-scufl2-wfdesc from this
release build at all? The release zip is build by the assembly plugin.

Posted by Ian Dunlop <Ia...@manchester.ac.uk>.
Hello,

We cancelled the vote due to some build and documentation issues. They have been fixed and we will try a new deploy and vote soon.

Cheers,

Ian

From: Menaka Madushanka <me...@gmail.com>>
Date: Friday, July 10, 2015 at 1:07 PM
To: Stian Soiland-Reyes <st...@apache.org>>, Ian Dunlop <Ia...@manchester.ac.uk>>, "dev@taverna.incubator.apache.org<ma...@taverna.incubator.apache.org>" <de...@taverna.incubator.apache.org>>

Hello,

It is building fine....
              No problem.
                          All the functions are working fine. :-)

Cheers
Menaka

On 10 July 2015 at 22:26, Menaka Madushanka <me...@gmail.com>> wrote:
Hello Stian,
Thank you very much for the greetings. Hope you are spending happy time in the conference....!!! :-) Before the version change it worked perfectly.
After changing the version back to 0.15.0, the project was just like as in the screenshot.[cid:ii_ibxv79pg0_14e78e48d8ba6833]
​
But doesn't show where the problem is.

I'm trying to build it again and continue working.

Cheers
Menaka

On 10 July 2015 at 20:38, Stian Soiland-Reyes <st...@apache.org>> wrote:
Menaka, did you get it building..?

Greetings from Dublin. :)

--
Stian Soiland-Reyes

Posted by "Pierce, Marlon" <ma...@iu.edu>.

From: Menaka Madushanka <me...@gmail.com>>
Date: Friday, July 10, 2015 at 1:07 PM
To: Stian Soiland-Reyes <st...@apache.org>>, Ian Dunlop <Ia...@manchester.ac.uk>>, "dev@taverna.incubator.apache.org<ma...@taverna.incubator.apache.org>" <de...@taverna.incubator.apache.org>>

Posted by Menaka Madushanka <me...@gmail.com>.
[INFO] Replacing original artifact with shaded artifact.
[INFO] Replacing
/home/menaka/git/incubator-taverna-language/taverna-language-commandline/target/taverna-language-commandline-0.15.0-incubating-SNAPSHOT.jar
with
/home/menaka/git/incubator-taverna-language/taverna-language-commandline/target/taverna-language-commandline-0.15.0-incubating-SNAPSHOT-shaded.jar
[INFO] Dependency-reduced POM written at:
/home/menaka/git/incubator-taverna-language/taverna-language-commandline/dependency-reduced-pom.xml
[INFO] Dependency-reduced POM written at:
/home/menaka/git/incubator-taverna-language/taverna-language-commandline/dependency-reduced-pom.xml
[INFO]
[INFO] --- maven-install-plugin:2.5.1:install (default-install) @
taverna-language-commandline ---
[INFO] Downloading:
http://repo.maven.apache.org/maven2/org/apache/maven/shared/maven-shared-utils/0.4/maven-shared-utils-0.4.pom
[INFO] Downloaded:
http://repo.maven.apache.org/maven2/org/apache/maven/shared/maven-shared-utils/0.4/maven-shared-utils-0.4.pom
(4 KB at 1.3 KB/sec)
[INFO] Downloading:
http://repo.maven.apache.org/maven2/org/apache/maven/shared/maven-shared-utils/0.4/maven-shared-utils-0.4.jar
[INFO] Downloaded:
http://repo.maven.apache.org/maven2/org/apache/maven/shared/maven-shared-utils/0.4/maven-shared-utils-0.4.jar
(152 KB at 37.3 KB/sec)
[INFO] Installing
/home/menaka/git/incubator-taverna-language/taverna-language-commandline/target/taverna-language-commandline-0.15.0-incubating-SNAPSHOT.jar
/home/menaka/.m2/repository/org/apache/taverna/language/taverna-language-commandline/0.15.0-incubating-SNAPSHOT/taverna-language-commandline-0.15.0-incubating-SNAPSHOT.jar
[INFO] Installing
/home/menaka/git/incubator-taverna-language/taverna-language-commandline/dependency-reduced-pom.xml
/home/menaka/.m2/repository/org/apache/taverna/language/taverna-language-commandline/0.15.0-incubating-SNAPSHOT/taverna-language-commandline-0.15.0-incubating-SNAPSHOT.pom
[INFO] Installing
/home/menaka/git/incubator-taverna-language/taverna-language-commandline/target/taverna-language-commandline-0.15.0-incubating-SNAPSHOT-sources.jar
/home/menaka/.m2/repository/org/apache/taverna/language/taverna-language-commandline/0.15.0-incubating-SNAPSHOT/taverna-language-commandline-0.15.0-incubating-SNAPSHOT-sources.jar
[INFO] Installing
/home/menaka/git/incubator-taverna-language/taverna-language-commandline/target/taverna-language-commandline-0.15.0-incubating-SNAPSHOT-test-sources.jar
/home/menaka/.m2/repository/org/apache/taverna/language/taverna-language-commandline/0.15.0-incubating-SNAPSHOT/taverna-language-commandline-0.15.0-incubating-SNAPSHOT-test-sources.jar
[INFO] Installing
/home/menaka/git/incubator-taverna-language/taverna-language-commandline/target/taverna-language-commandline-0.15.0-incubating-SNAPSHOT-tests.jar
/home/menaka/.m2/repository/org/apache/taverna/language/taverna-language-commandline/0.15.0-incubating-SNAPSHOT/taverna-language-commandline-0.15.0-incubating-SNAPSHOT-tests.jar
[INFO]
[INFO] BUILD SUCCESS
[INFO]
[INFO] Total time: 11:39 min
[INFO] Finished at: 2015-07-10T22:30:50+05:30
[INFO] Final Memory: 89M/290M
[INFO]

Posted by Menaka Madushanka <me...@gmail.com>.
Hello,

Posted by Ian Dunlop <ia...@manchester.ac.uk>.

Posted by Menaka Madushanka <me...@gmail.com>.
Hello,

Posted by Ian Dunlop <Ia...@manchester.ac.uk>.
Hello,

Posted by Menaka Madushanka <me...@gmail.com>.
Hello Ian,

Posted by Ian Dunlop <Ia...@manchester.ac.uk>.
Hello,

Taverna-language-commandline still seems to have build issues on its own, this time with scufl2-iwir. Builds fine from parent. I thought the build issues had been fixed. I'm not going to continue the taverna-language deploy until someone can convince me that the dependencies are sorted.....why does it depend on taverna-language-0.15.1, is this something to with the failed mvn release:deploy that I mentioned earlier?

--
Stian Soiland-Reyes

--
Stian Soiland-Reyes

Posted by Christian Brenninkmeijer <ch...@manchester.ac.uk>.
I fully agree with Stian.

--
Stian Soiland-Reyes

Posted by Stian Soiland-Reyes <st...@apache.org>.

--
Stian Soiland-Reyes

Posted by Ian Dunlop <Ia...@manchester.ac.uk>.
Hello,

I'm going to attempt to make a release based on the info at http://taverna.staging.apache.org/community/releasing.
I'm waiting for/figuring out how to get https://people.apache.org/keys/group/taverna.asc to update itself with my OpenPGP key fingerprint.
Wish me luck......

Cheers,

Ian

> A release with the build issues fixed but with the documentation issues added to JIRA.

So a RC3. Sounds OK to me.

> Cheers,
>
> Ian

Alan

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Taverna Language 0.15.0-incubating RC2

Posted by alaninmcr <al...@googlemail.com>.
On 01/07/2015 14:13, Ian Dunlop wrote:
> Hello,
>
> A release with the build issues fixed but with the documentation issues added to JIRA.

So a RC3. Sounds OK to me.

> Cheers,
>
> Ian

Alan

RE: [VOTE] Release Apache Taverna Language 0.15.0-incubating RC2

Posted by Ian Dunlop <Ia...@manchester.ac.uk>.
Hello,

Posted by alaninmcr <al...@googlemail.com>.
On 01/07/2015 13:24, Ian Dunlop wrote:
> Hello,
>
> It's been a few days since we discussed the possible release of
> Apache Taverna Language incubator. Since then we have corrected many
> build issues and identified areas where documentation (NOTICE,
> LICENSE and README) can be improved. I don't think that any of the
> documentation issues are enough to stop us going ahead with the
> release and the fact that we identified build issues and corrected
> them shows that the release process is working. I believe that we
> should go ahead with the release while adding the documentation
> issues to JIRA so that we can fix them when we have time to do so.

I'm confused as to if you are suggesting going ahead with the
0.15.0-incubating RC2 with the known build issues (and documentation
issues), or a release with the build issues fixed but still with the
documentation issues.

> Cheers,
>
> Ian

Alan

RE: [VOTE] Release Apache Taverna Language 0.15.0-incubating RC2

Posted by Ian Dunlop <Ia...@manchester.ac.uk>.
Hello,

Posted by Andy Seaborne <an...@apache.org>.

Posted by Andy Seaborne <an...@apache.org>.