Posted to dev@lenya.apache.org by Andreas Hartmann <an...@apache.org> on 2006/06/12 14:42:22 UTC

[1.4] Search form widget in sitetree module

Hi Lenya devs,

at the moment, the search form widget is provided as a navigation
element in the sitetree module. IMO this is not a good idea from
a SoC point of view.

My first idea would be to provide it as an XML snippet by the
lucene module and include it using CInclude.

WDYT?

-- Andreas

--
Andreas Hartmann
andreas.hartmann@wyona.com                     andreas@apache.org

Re: [1.4] Search form widget in sitetree module

Posted by Andreas Hartmann <an...@apache.org>.
Thorsten Scherler wrote:
> El lun, 12-06-2006 a las 14:52 +0200, Andreas Hartmann escribió:
>> Josias Thöny wrote:

>>> I agree it should be provided by the lucene module.
>>> Whether it's cincluded or aggregated in a pipeline doesn't really matter
>>> to me.
>> Good point, the default publication could just aggregate
>> it together with the navigation elements.
>
> The problem with an aggregate is that one would need a sitemap. If you
> use a fallback pub and does not use a sitemap then you could not use it.
> You would be forced to implement a sitemap.
>
> I like more the cinclude approach.

Well, it would be up to you how you include the source :)

The aggregate suggestion was only meant for the default publication.

-- Andreas

Posted by Thorsten Scherler <th...@wyona.com>.
El lun, 12-06-2006 a las 14:52 +0200, Andreas Hartmann escribió:
> Josias Thöny wrote:
> > On Mon, 2006-06-12 at 14:42 +0200, Andreas Hartmann wrote:
> >> Hi Lenya devs,
> >>
> >> at the moment, the search form widget is provided as a navigation
> >> element in the sitetree module. IMO this is not a good idea from
> >> a SoC point of view.
> >>
> >> My first idea would be to provide it as an XML snippet by the
> >> lucene module and include it using CInclude.
> >>
> >> WDYT?
> >
> > I agree it should be provided by the lucene module.
> > Whether it's cincluded or aggregated in a pipeline doesn't really matter
> > to me.
>
> Good point, the default publication could just aggregate
> it together with the navigation elements.

The problem with an aggregate is that one would need a sitemap. If you
use a fallback pub and does not use a sitemap then you could not use it.
You would be forced to implement a sitemap.

I like more the cinclude approach.

salu2
--
Thorsten Scherler
COO Spain

Re: [1.4] Search form widget in sitetree module

Posted by Andreas Hartmann <an...@apache.org>.

Posted by Josias Thöny <jo...@wyona.com>.
On Mon, 2006-06-12 at 14:42 +0200, Andreas Hartmann wrote:
> Hi Lenya devs,
>
> at the moment, the search form widget is provided as a navigation
> element in the sitetree module. IMO this is not a good idea from
> a SoC point of view.
>
> My first idea would be to provide it as an XML snippet by the
> lucene module and include it using CInclude.
>
> WDYT?

I agree it should be provided by the lucene module.
Whether it's cincluded or aggregated in a pipeline doesn't really matter
to me.

Josias