Posted to common-dev@hadoop.apache.org by Doug Cutting <cu...@apache.org> on 2008/09/05 18:47:38 UTC

Re: svn commit: r692248 - in /hadoop/core/trunk: ./ conf/ src/contrib/fairscheduler/src/test/org/apache/hadoop/mapred/ src/core/org/apache/hadoop/security/ src/examples/org/apache/hadoop/examples/ src/mapred/org/apache/hadoop/mapred/ src/test/org/apache/ha...

omalley@apache.org wrote:
> +<property>
> +  <name>queue.name</name>
> +  <value>default</value>

Shouldn't this name be prefixed with "mapred."?  Also, it might better
be named something like "mapred.job.default.queue.name", since it's the
default value for a job parameter, no?

Doug

Posted by Hemanth Yamijala <yh...@yahoo-inc.com>.
Doug Cutting wrote:
> omalley@apache.org wrote:
>> +<property>
>> +  <name>queue.name</name>
>> +  <value>default</value>
>
> Shouldn't this name be prefixed with "mapred."?
I did think about this when giving the name. :-) I saw that the user
name was defined as user.name in the JobConf, and thought it was
similar. +1 though for prefixing it with mapred, since others are
getting the same doubts. I've assigned H-4083 to myself to modify this.

> Also, it might better be named something like
> "mapred.job.default.queue.name", since it's the default value for a
> job parameter, no?

I did not get this. I understand mapred.job.queue.name. Since it can be
overwritten by the user, is there a reason to have 'default' in the name ?